Honored Contributor

Re: ANYONE ORDER THE TSV SNOWJOE TELESCOPING SNOWBLOWER?

@2blonde wrote:

I live in NE Ohio where we usually can expect to see plenty of white stuff (not yet this year, thank heaven).  When I got the email for this thing, I had to chuckle.  I have the traditional snow brushes, and they work just fine.  Do I need lights on it?.....Whaaat?  Even in the dark, I have no problem seeing white snow on my red car!  I suppose if you're vertically challenged and you have a tall vehicle, the telescoping feature might be handy.Cat LOL

I'm on North Central Ohio and I thought the same thing.  My car is a pearl white and I can see white snow perfectly fine on it.  This did give me a chuckle as well.    

Trusted Contributor

I'm not comfortable that it's not going to scratch my car, regardless of the claims.

Trusted Contributor

I bought 2 for Christmas gifts.  My daughter has to park outside at work and home and I thought that it would be nice for her.  She is short so I like the long handle too.  I hope I get them in time.

Jessa
Respected Contributor

I have absolutely no use for this.  My car has never known the touch of snow and never will.  However, it looks helpful.  I hope it has a strong handle as I can imagine it could break.  Good luck to those who got it, and I hope it is a good purchase. 

Respected Contributor

I live in MA and didn't order this but already have a similar product.  It is a great product and definitely good when we have a big snowstorm.  It is much faster than using the usual small snow scrapers to remove snow.   

Super Contributor

My  dh did not want me to order..... He too said a broom is fine enough....

To add have had problems with some deliveries of some other items...

Today was the last straw for me.... I had ordered on the 13th one of the shark Vacs...

Since i live in area where i don't receive mail to my home..

Have to have a post office address.. My post office is about a mile or so from my home...  The  City and zip is different then my physical address... When we built our home.. We wanted the Post Office that was most convienient for us...   Where i live have to drive side streets to use..

Well wanted to make sure i would get the Vac delivered to my home UPS... I called customer Service and requested that.... She told me that if i had my Physical address on the ship too would receive it UPS at my home..

I am so angry as the order was sent to the Post Office.

To add my Husband is over 80 and has numerous health issues.. I too have several myself...

I also had ordered a pair of Ryka sneakers they were delivered the other evening by Ups..

That i would not have minded going to Post Office as package was light..

I am really fed up  at this point and don't think i will order anything especially with the Holiday rush and issues..

lovestodanceWoman Mad

Super Contributor

Wow was it on line or at a store.... Do have a Walamart in my area.... Good to know..

Please let me know?

lovestodance

Honored Contributor

I ordered mine early and recieved it a week ago, but it hasn't snowed yet so I haven't had a chance to try it. I think it will work great though. I like how small it compacts down to, I like the lights for when it's dark and I like that the foam snow remover won't scratch my car. I've used the same type of ice scraper end it has so I'm sure that part will work fine. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@lovestodance wrote:

Just tuned in and saw the Tsv for today.... Wondering if anyone ordered it?  I live upstate NY last winter was a complete disaster with snow,and really freezing tempts...

We have a one car garage which my 2009 Jeep is kept.

My old car which is a 98 Nissan Altimer is outside...

Unfortunitely my windshield wiper engine is no longer working....  Hate to invest as it is so old and may not last much longer.... Don't have much milege,and try keeping it up... Invested last year in getting a new battery.

Tires were gotten about 4 yrs ago.

Cost would be for replacing engine motor and cost of installing it would be about $200. Just use car for local and emergency if needed.

I did get the Windshield cover that was on several times recently.

When we go shopping etc. Wondering if getting the TSV would be a good thing?

Would love to hear from anyone that did order?

Just to add... My dh is over 80, and has numerous health issues... I am over 77 with several myself...

lovestodance

I'd spend the money and get your windsheild wipers working. That is a major safety hazard right there. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I'm ordering one for every family member, but mine are coming from Amazon.  They don't have the light, but that isn't important to me.  They're only $15 on Amazon Prime.  I just couldn't get all I needed from QVC and justify the shipping.