Respected Contributor

I have an i7 model and love it.  You have to consider its capabilities and not by cost.  Also, if you have a lot of clutter you have to clean it up or Roomba will get stuck on it.

Respected Contributor

Re: ANYONE HAVE A ROOMBA?

[ Edited ]

@spent2much wrote:

@tends2dogs  They really work!!!  We've had our Roomba for YEARS... I forget how many years - maybe 15?  So, it's an older model, obviously.  A couple parts had to be replaced and my husband easily found those.  What I DON'T like about the TSV are the brushes - they are rubber.  The brushes on ours are very different.  I'm not sure how to describe them - kind of like hair brushes?  We tried a newer Roomba several years ago and it also had the rubber brushes.  The dog hair got tangled in them and it wouldn't work well.  We returned it and then bought the parts for our old Roomba!

This is really good to know because my Roomba units  have brushes and hair clogs them terribly. I love them because they do a great job if it wasn't for that! I spend so much time pulling hair off of those brushes just like you would after brushing a dog. I was hoping these solid rubber type rollers would make the difference.

This is something that is never explained, they are great for picking up hair but what picks up the hair are the brushes and that's where most of it stays, wound on the brushes.  There is even a groove on the brush rolls for you to use scissors to cut the hair off. That is not a good sign.

In fact it's even hard to find a picture of what the underside of these units look like to see if they have brushes or those solid type of rollers. But it sounds like they still get clogged with hair. 

Respected Contributor

I have had my Roomba for several years so it doesn't have the self emptying feature, but its just me, and no pets. I have laminate floors works very well for me. No complaints. I let mine run while I go run errands when I return its finished. 

Honored Contributor

@spent2much    Have you had to replace your batteries?  If so, how long did they last and how much did they cost?  The batteries on all rechargeable appliances have a limited lifespans and can be very expensive. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

@spent2much wrote:

@tends2dogs  They really work!!!  We've had our Roomba for YEARS... I forget how many years - maybe 15?  So, it's an older model, obviously.  A couple parts had to be replaced and my husband easily found those.  What I DON'T like about the TSV are the brushes - they are rubber.  The brushes on ours are very different.  I'm not sure how to describe them - kind of like hair brushes?  We tried a newer Roomba several years ago and it also had the rubber brushes.  The dog hair got tangled in them and it wouldn't work well.  We returned it and then bought the parts for our old Roomba!

This is really good to know because my Roomba units  have brushes and hair clogs them terribly. I love them because they do a great job if it wasn't for that! I spend so much time pulling hair off of those brushes just like you would after brushing a dog. I was hoping these solid rubber type rollers would make the difference.

This is something that is never explained, they are great for picking up hair but what picks up the hair are the brushes and that's where most of it stays, wound on the brushes.  There is even a groove on the brush rolls for you to use scissors to cut the hair off. That is not a good sign.

In fact it's even hard to find a picture of what the underside of these units look like to see if they have brushes or those solid type of rollers. But it sounds like they still get clogged with hair. 

@Bhvbum    That's the problem I had with my  Roomba.  I spent more time cutting out dog hair than it would have taken to get out the Dyson and just get the room vaccumed. It would stop running when the brushes got clogged.  They are a fun toy if you don't have a lot of hair. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs   I had one of the earlier models (when they first came out), and found a couple of issues with them so I gave it away.  Since I have always had a dog with longer fur, it never was large enough to capture all the dust and fur on the floors unless I did it everyday.  I also had too much floor space for it to go through the entire areas I needed it to go through.  And it caught caught up on fringe on rugs, and got stuck under couches.

If you don't have those issues, or the new models have figured out a way to fix those issues, then it may be worth it.  I did try one again about a year ago, and although the dirt storage chamber was larger and it was the kind to return back to it's docking station when it needed a recharge, it still caught stuck under my couch and the rug (since the rug goes partway under the couch).  It's a pass for me although I like the thought of it. 

I prefer to use my super heavy shark vacuum weekly to get a good cleaning, although it would be nice to set one off as I leave for work and have a freshly vacuumed floor when I return. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I have the iroomba 692 series and I love it. It took me a few days to figure out how to set it up but that was my fault I'm not a technical gaget person but once I figured it out I love it. I was shocked at how much it picked up from the carpets  and I don't have any pets, it's just me

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  We have replaced brushes and the battery (and a few other parts which my husband tried to explain to me, but I don't know what they're called - LOL).  We got all the parts on Amazon and the prices were reasonable.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Respected Contributor

I returned it....got stuck under my furniture and seemed to go over only part of the floor .

Super Contributor

ordered the Roomba TSV a few years ago. shortly thereafter, they offered a Shark. I love Shark products, so I ordered it. immediately returned the Roomba as I far preferred the Shark. sadly, my cat doesn't.....but that's another story, LOL