Regular Contributor

Re: ANOTHER KEURIG TSV on DEC 10

I got the email about the Keurig TSV, and my first thought was UGH, not again. There's a day my TV will NOT be on QVC. I can't stand those hour long shows about a coffee maker. LOL It's just not that exciting.

Honored Contributor

On 12/5/2014 MaxieMoo said:

ugh I am so over the Keurig. It's way to inconvient and expensive to keep.

Seems like a fad to me. I remember when bread machines were all the rage, and now I'm seeing a 'breakfast sandwich maker' which basically makes and Egg McMuffin as the latest kitchen gadget. I will say that if someone truly enjoys their coffee each day, the varieties of K-cups would be fun to try. However, I find it a far too expensive way to get my daily fix of coffee (I probably drink about 6 oz. a day).

Respected Contributor

If it's a mini, I may order two in white. I have had the B31 MiniPlus for years and love it. Just want to get two more to keep put away in case they go to having to use only the new ones like the 2.0. I love to use the EZ cups with my own coffee.

Honored Contributor

I'm enjoying my K10 way more than I expected. Bought it the last time it was a TSV. It's very simple to operate. The Keurigs have been around a long time now. Not sure I'd consider it a fad at this point. In fact, the array of K cups just seems to be growing and growing.

Honored Contributor

FWIW dept

they were practically giving them (2.0)away today at Shoprite one priced $80

Occasional Contributor

On 12/7/2014 AuntG said:

Seems like a fad to me. I remember when bread machines were all the rage, and now I'm seeing a 'breakfast sandwich maker' which basically makes and Egg McMuffin as the latest kitchen gadget. I will say that if someone truly enjoys their coffee each day, the varieties of K-cups would be fun to try. However, I find it a far too expensive way to get my daily fix of coffee (I probably drink about 6 oz. a day).

That's what they said about the drip coffee makers when they came out years ago (I remember people saying "it'll never replace the flavor of a percolator"; now you can't even find a percolator). Obviously, you haven't been down the coffee isle in the grocery stores lately. K-cups cover at least 1/3 and often 1/2 of the shelf space.

New Contributor

I have a 2.0 that I bought with points from Keurig and also a K10 which I keep as a spare if (when, actually) my Keurig dies again (this 2.0 is my 7th). I'm keeping the K10 on the counter for now to use up my old pods since it doesn't have the optical reader in it that the 2.0 does.

My biggest complaint about the 2.0 is that it's removed the 12 oz. (travel mug) option. The only way to do it is to run it twice. I tested out the magnet hack (youtube videos) and can get a 12 oz. cup that way but running the machine twice on 6 oz. is easier.

Keurig's k-cup patent ran out last year so everyone and their cousins could make k-cups and not pay royalties to Keurig. What to do, what to do.......the 2.0! It takes ONLY Keurig-branded cups, meaning all the coffee producers pay royalties to Keurig to put the new lid on the old cups. There are quite a few suits underway challenging a monopoly.

The other issue with Keurig is that k-cups are environmentally unfriendly in a big way. I'm guilty, too. I guess I ought to buy from some of the companies making biodegradable cups and use a lid from a new cup. I've glued a lid to my solofill cup so I can use it in my 2.0. I also use a solofill in the K10 without doing anything special.

I don't find anything "improved" about the 2.0. The development of the 2.0 is about Keurig controlling the market, not just market share. Coffee tastes the same.

Esteemed Contributor

It's more economical than going to Starbucks. Of course if you drink coffee all day it is not.

Honored Contributor

On 12/7/2014 AuntG said:

LOL!!!! No fad here! We have had them for 8 years, and our original one is still going in an office. We have bought 6 of them for presents in the years and we all love them and would NOT want to go back to the regular coffee machines.

For us, the convenience, variety and lack of cleanup is wonderful! We haven't even had issues when we have parties with 12 people--they just get their coffee as dessert is served and everyone can have exactly what they want.

Different machine fit different wants and needs. We're very lucky to have the option!

Oh, and we are on our 4th great machine since 1992--and have always made and loved bread from them! We have had 3 big machines over the years, and one mini Zojirushi, which is the best and the most used of all!

Trusted Contributor

I think we've had one for about 8 years as well. Our current one is the platinum. The first one went to our son's first apartment in college and I'm not sure what happened to it Smiley Wink So technically I'm on my second Brewer but haven't broken one yet. We use it several times a day. We love them and they are great for making different types of coffee, especially when one person needs caffeine-free and the other wants caffeine. And every cup is like the first cup you pour from a pot!

KJPA