Respected Contributor

I was thinking about giving the stone color a go, however, I just looked and it's no longer available.

So I'll continue with my D&B for now.  But I will check again later to see if I have a change of heart.

I'm also concerned about the large width at the bottom. Cat Frustrated

Honored Contributor

I do love the colors but I truly do not need another bag.  I carry crossbody bags now and this one seems a little big for me now.  It's definitely a nice bag at a great price.

Honored Contributor

Re: AMERICAN LEATHER TSV

[ Edited ]

@diyproud wrote:
I wonder why this particular American Leather bag was not made in Upstate New York like all their other bags. Maybe it was imported because of the quantity needed for a TSV?

@diyproud   This brand was never "made in America."  They made quite a huge deal of sourcing their leather from Upstate New York.  So their leather was sourced in America, but it was never made in America. 

I saw quite a few posts last year of them getting flack for not being clear about that. 

By the way, American Leather Co. is owned by Aimee Kestenberg.

Regular Contributor

I love this TSV....but haven't ordered it yet.  I don't have a nice black leather bag...thinking of that one.

"Some people look for a beautiful place. Others make a place beautiful."
Respected Contributor

I  just ordered the dusty rose.  I'll use it when I fly as my personal item - it should match my pink luggage nicely.  

Respected Contributor

Took an excursion to TJ Maxx this morning. Saw one bag from American Leather Co- a small backpack style. Not interested. Then...what to my wond'ring eyes did appear..... Patricia Nash Alessano tote in Sun Yellow. $99. Mine. Woot!
5237C344-C9B6-44A3-832B-3EB434FA8DE7.jpeg

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

Took an excursion to TJ Maxx this morning. Saw one bag from American Leather Co- a small backpack style. Not interested. Then...what to my wond'ring eyes did appear..... Patricia Nash Alessano tote in Sun Yellow. $99. Mine. Woot!
5237C344-C9B6-44A3-832B-3EB434FA8DE7.jpeg

@fairydogmother  Beautiful color!!

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@diyproud wrote:
I wonder why this particular American Leather bag was not made in Upstate New York like all their other bags. Maybe it was imported because of the quantity needed for a TSV?

@diyproud   This brand was never "made in America."  They made quite a huge deal of sourcing their leather from Upstate New York.  So their leather was sourced in America, but it was never made in America. 

I saw quite a few posts last year of them getting flack for not being clear about that. 

By the way, American Leather Co. is owned by Aimee Kestenberg.

@Caaareful Shopper   Thanks for alerting handbag lovers to the intersections within the retail Handbag World.

Aimee and her husband started Affordable Luxury Group (great web page) which showcases 3 different handbag lines (one Aimee, one American Leather Co, and a third which was unknown to me).

Contributor
@Caaareful Shopper Thank You for letting me and everyone else know that! It’s kinda a let down knowing that they aren’t made in the USA like I thought. Much appreciated!!
Respected Contributor

I don't care for the way it flares out at the bottom. I am one who doesn't carry a lot in my bags  so I don't need that wide bottom.