Super Contributor

I got the fire tv TSV hooked up yesterday and I'm so happy with it.  My mind is boggled with all the choices I now have to watch.

My senior apartment complex has basic cable and I have to pay whether I want it or not and being in a rural area an antenna wouldn't work.  I'm not saving a lot of money but sure do have much more to choose.  My daughter and I share a Netflix and Hulu account.  

I'm like a little kid with a new toy!!  

Grow old my body but stay young my heart
Trusted Contributor

Re: AMAZON TSV- not for me!

[ Edited ]

We love our Amazon Echo and Fire Stick. I use the Echo to stream Spotify and Pandora when I want to listen to music. Love that I can can customize my own playlists on Spotify and only listen to what I want. We cut the cord recently and only kept the wifi. We use the Fire Stick to access Sling, etc.  Even with Sling, Netflix and Hulu, we are still saving well over $100 a month. Sling gives me my favorite news network and all my favorite cable channels. With Sling, I can record movies or shows to watch at a later time. When I want to watch QVC, I use YouTube.

Definitely don't miss giving the cable company that $100+ per month! 

Super Contributor

@Maltichonmom17, I find it strange that all the shopping channels have an app but the Q does not.  Or if they do I haven't seen it next to HSN, Evine, LC...etc

Grow old my body but stay young my heart
Trusted Contributor

@harcon wrote:

@Maltichonmom17, I find it strange that all the shopping channels have an app but the Q does not.  Or if they do I haven't seen it next to HSN, Evine, LC...etc

@harcon, I thought the same thing. Even YouTube doesn't stream QVC2. If I want to watch it, I have to use the Fire Stick browser, go to qvc.com and stream it from there. On youtube, I can see QVC, BeautyIQ, and even watch the QVC UK and Japan channels but no QVC2. Weird.