Esteemed Contributor

I watched the presentation last night and it was mentioned that you have to an Amazon account to use it.  What does that actually mean?  Prime account?

If so, what does that involve?  TIA

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs    No, they mean just an account any customer would have who was going to make a purchase at Amazon.  There's no charge or obligation for anything.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

@tends2dogs, have you ever ordered anything from Amazon? If yes, then you have an account. If not, you would go Amazon.com and sign up and set up an account. You don't have to be an Amazon Prime member, there's an additional cost for that (with a 30 day free trial). Being a Prime member entitles you to free shipping, access to Prime Video, Prime Reading, and some other things. But, you don't have to have it.  

Regular Contributor

I don't know what account Amazon has other than Prime and as a long term member can tell you I presently pay $139  a year to receive Prime perks. Don't know if this helps yet is my experience. I find it worth it as I shop often on Amazon and find it less expensive on certain items than QVC. 

Esteemed Contributor

That was simple enough, @Kachina624 , sort of like me LOL!  So because I order from Amazon, I have an account with them. 

Thanks for answering and not pointing out my obvious lack of understanding  or my trying to make something more difficult than it is. Woman Very Happy

TA

OT I loved your balloon pictures.  Breathtaking!

Esteemed Contributor

I am wondering if this is a good deal.  I have never had a tablet.  My laptop is old, old, old and I have been holding out on purchasing a new one.  I thought maybe this could buy me some time.

It is a 2021 model.  Does that mean that something fabulous is around the corner???  LOL

Super Contributor

@tends2dogs, as of right now, this is the latest 10" Fire tablet. Amazon doesn't give a lot of notice when they update devices. It's a good price for it, it's $149.99 at Amazon without all of the extras. I have an 8" Fire tablet along with iPads. I, personally, like my iPad better but it costs whole lot more. For the money and the return policy, it's a good deal. I hardly use my laptop. This seems to be a good deal, especially if you aren't used to a tablet and don't want to spend a lot of money. 

Respected Contributor

I have one I use for traveling to read downloaded books. Amazon will also have great deals during black friday. I think I will upgrade to a paperwhite during black friday this year for reading.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs    I bought this tablet last Christmas and have been using it since January.  Its a great tablet for kids or someone who just wants to download and read book or watch movies.  For anything else, I find it extremely aggravating.

It has a million annoying little glitches.  Every post I write, I must do twice to remove and change all the words I wrote correctly but it totally change to new words that don't make sense.  I'll be right in the middle of something intense and the screen will revert to an ad for Facebook Messenger (don't ever download it) which I long ago deleted.  It won't let me use most icons on the home screen or download certain websites, Zulily for instance.  The annoyances go on and in.

I recently bought a new iPad and plan to pitch the Amazon Fire.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

@Toot1920 So this is the 2021 model and not the 2019 version? So hard to compare to the Amazon listing.

Mint