Respected Contributor

I have never bought an Amazon tablet because you have to pay extra NOT to receive Amazon ads. I'm sure that's why you must open an Amazon account.

Esteemed Contributor

I buy nothing but Fire tablets for my family and only buy from Amazon.  The price jumps around but during recent Prime Fire 10 was $85 ( the other stuff in Q bundle is worthless).  I buy least memory available and then get a mega micro chip from Amazon.  I don't see this deal as great.

Super Contributor

@Mint2, yes, the 2021 model is the 11th generation. That's what this TSV is and according to Amazon the 11th generation is the newest 10" tablet (so far). 

Esteemed Contributor

I have 2 of these so one is always charged!  Use them for anything except paper correspondence (never had reason to do so). 

Love the convenience of having a full computer to use in my recliner or on the porch...can make calls on it, watch UTube, read the forum, or just surf.  Even watch a ball game or movie.  Love it!

Anyway, Alexa is smarter than Siri!  Lol

Honored Contributor

You don't need Prime and you don't have to buy anything from Amazon.  You just have to the Amazon account which is free.

Trusted Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

I am wondering if this is a good deal.  I have never had a tablet.  My laptop is old, old, old and I have been holding out on purchasing a new one.  I thought maybe this could buy me some time.

It is a 2021 model.  Does that mean that something fabulous is around the corner???  LOL

@tends2dogs 

This is a really good deal. I have a 10" and an 8" . Love the 10" , hate the 8".  

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.