Respected Contributor

A386142 TSV Koolaburra Shaggy Cardigan big disappointment

I ordered the Port/Cream Plaid in L, although I generally wear a M in outerwear. I wanted it to be loose fitting to wear heavier sweater underneath, if needed. My intention was to have something warm and cuddly to wear at home, hanging out on my deck, or maybe walking the dog. 

First impression, the color is not pleasant. It appears muddy, like something pulled from an old trunk in the attic. Secondly, the L is more like a 1X.  I can pull it together, wrapping it almost around my entire back. Huge and boxy. But, as large as it is, the sleeves are too short and the left sleeve is shorter than the right. If sleeves get shorter with size, some must have a 3/4 length sleeve cardigan. Cheap construction for the cost.

And, lastly, it sheds finer fibers (even got it in my nose) and lint everywhere. The hosts and models must have recognized these issues. 

It appears I'm not the only one with the same complaints by one star reviews posted. It's going back. I consider this item defective. 

Honored Contributor

Re: A386142 TSV Koolaburra Shaggy Cardigan big disappointment

@BlueFinch And that's exactly why I read the reviews before I order. What a disappointment for you.

Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch , I am sorry you are so disappointed.  I didn't order this because I had previously ordered a TDO cardigan a few weeks prior that was really sub-par quality.  It was very oversized which I could deal with but it was very cheap.  It looked and felt like something I'd get at Walmart for $15.00.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@BlueFinch And that's exactly why I read the reviews before I order. What a disappointment for you.

@Love my grandkids , it was a TSV so it would have been hard to read reviews prior to her purchase. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva Oh, okay, I get it now. Thanks. I didn't know that about the TSV stuff!

Honored Contributor

I haven't gotten mine yet but I already sent back the vest.  I looked like the abonimal snowman.  I am petite and it made me look huge and it did shed alot. 

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Love my grandkids Yes, for sure, I always read reviews, but there weren't any, since it was a TSV. They're flooding in, now, as people receive this item. I just got mine yesterday. I think I'll avoid TSV's going forward. 

Respected Contributor

That’s disappointing.  I thought it looked really cute when it was presented but I didn’t order (although I was tempted). 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yikes, I ordered 2 and haven't got them yet, even went up a size because I need longer sleeves. I saw on Jayne they were short because she wore a shirt underneath. I think one was shipped but the other was on waitlist. I should probably cancel the cream if its not too late. Darn won't let me cancel.

update: I got the pink one and I really like it but it does shed and did on my top underneath. It wasn't really that big even in the size up so I will keep it, I have a g by G top that matches the pink perfectly and wore it to the vet clinic yesterday. Waiting on the cream in the smaller size and hope its not a dirty cream.

Frequent Contributor

I ordered the portabello plaid one.  It wasn't terrible but it wasn't great so I dropped it back in the mail today.  The fit was a little oversize but agree with others that the quality was a little disappointing.  I don't think it's worth the TSV price.  It's maybe worth $20 but that's about it. Bummed as I was hoping it would work out.