Honored Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

@SilleeMee  I did not buy last year’s hoodie but since you did - do you think this year’s version has a metal zipper compared to last year’s version which is plastic?  

@itsmagic,

I don't own the newer hoodie. But it looks like the same kind of zipper as the older one. When I zoom in on the picture of it I can sort of see that it looks the same to me.  Metal teeth on a zipper don't quite look like that. Most likely it's a plastic zipper on the newer version.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I HATE  HOODS PERIOD.

--------------

Me too!!  Don't see a need for them.  They bother me at the fold of the neck and hoods make the jacket look more casual than I want!! 

I would have definitely bought if there had been no hood.  The fabric sounds wonderful....

Honored Contributor

Here is an example of what I'm talking about.

Issac's A288648 in today's lunchtime specials.

That is to me a pretty, looks well made crochet cardigan for $20 dollars. I would get that (but don't need a cardigan so I won't).

It used to be $81. I always think why?

Why not make it what the cost and value truly is? Because the seller wants to price it at what the market will hopefully bear.

Even when I was little, I just always thought, why don't they just keep it at the good price?

It is not really fair for someone to spend $81 and the next day, someone pays $20.

Well, I know that sounds simplistic but those thoughts are always in my mind when I see the marketing pricing games.

I mean, look at "designer" jeans with holes in them for $100's! Come on. Celebrities or wannabee celebrities can say see, I'm wearing these designer jeans, don't I look great?!

Though, yes, sometimes we all see something that is really something we want and despite the price, we will get it then and there. I get that too.

I just don't want to be taken in by the marketing of something and increasing the cost when it is not worth that cost. It is if it is truly made better with better fabric and design, but that is not always the way it is.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Isaac’s presenting a $44 cheesecake for the holidays. Any takers?

Respected Contributor

The hoodie isn't too much $$$...its too short! I have the TSV Soho tunic hoodie from last year, it cost more but it's worth every penny because it's well made using quality fabric & zipper. I'm so disappointed last years tunic length wasn't brought back, I wear it lots & want another....it's a winner!

Honored Contributor

Re: A hoodie for $50.00?

[ Edited ]

I ordered the last version of this TSV hoodie.  I sent it back.  Yes it has a nice feel and weight to it however, I knew I wouldn't get enough wear out of it to justify the money spent.

It's a hoodie.  A casual hoodie.  I work in an office setting.  There is no way I could wear this to work.  IMO, it's strictly casual.  For me personally, it was too heavy to wear indoors like I do a normal sweatshirt.  It was more like a very casual jacket and I just don't need that.

So yes it was constructed well and felt nice but so are much cheaper zip front hoodies that I own and are a weight better suited for me and what I will wear.  

But then this is how I feel about the Barefoot Dreams line.  Everything is made well and feels wonderful, but I have no use for it.  Way too casual and most is way too heavy for me to wear indoors. 

Valued Contributor

I thought to myself the same after looking at the details. If im gonna pay that much for a hoodie, im expecting some pazzazz to it. Better material than knit for sure. Knit is comfortable but looks very casual. I do want a nice looking hoodie. Something i can throw on casually but looks quality. You can buy nice cashmere for 50. just saying. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Honored Contributor

Re: A hoodie for $50.00?

[ Edited ]

Yep, QVC clothing is way overpriced!  QVC needs to stop comparing their prices to Boutiques 

Also I am so tired of the "droopy diaper" hem!!!  Can we  have straight hems PLEASE!!!! Woman Frustrated

Image result for baby with droopy diaper

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I've bought inexpensive t-shirts from discount stores and for the most part they are thin, poorly sewn, shrink after one washing and only last a year. I've bought the more pricey Supima t-shirts from IM and they are always quality material, well made, seldom shrink and last more than one year. There are clothing items available for all of us - at different price points, online and at B&M stores. If I like IM clothing and I pay for it, why would anyone care? If a person doesn't like the price or the fact that it has a hood, then you obviously won't buy it. But please don't insinuate that I'm foolish or crazy if I choose to buy one well-made hoodie this year from IM.

Respected Contributor

The fabric looks nice and cozy but too long in the rear for us shorter girls. It cuts me mid thigh and makes look stumpy. I’m Amy’s height. Guess that’s why Amy wears those insane 6” stilettos-  Good luck with those, no thanks.