Contributor

A camera you should try if the Cannon is to "big" for you

I will start by saying I don't own the cannon that is today's TSV . It looks good but right now it seems like it would be to cumbersome to carry and I know I would be lazy. I would have considered it if it had A wifi feature. So I thought some you might want a good camera that is easier to carry and take good pictures. It is a good price on QVC now and it is called Samsung Galaxy Camera 2 GC200 item e226453. It is $383.40 w/ tax and $63.90 on 6 easy pays and FREE SHIPPING same one on Amazon is ten dollars more right now. I love this camera because it easy to use. If you can use a touch screen phone or tablet it will be a breeze. I love the wifi feature if you want to post to Facebook or email it is so quick. Continuous shot and action freeze are a must for taking pictures of small kids and sports players. The zoom is great for getting candid pictures of anyone or thing (animals too) great for the zoo. Taking video is so easy as well. This camera is relatively light and the wrist strap make it ready to go for any event. I can take pictures /video and still enjoy the event. For me the best camera is the one I will use. Give this one a try you won't be sorry.
Respected Contributor

Re: A camera you should try if the Cannon is to "big" for you

Funny you wrote that. The SL1 was designed more for women--it's 7/8th or so of the size of the reguarl DSLR and has most of the same features but it is one of the smallest DSLRs (digital single lens reflex camera.) SLR's let you change lenses. 

Point-and-shoot have fixed lenses but do almost as much--just you won't get a very long telephoto lens for such a camera.