Trusted Contributor

@elated ...... Brrrrrr, some of these posts are so cold and heartless I almost had to put a sweater on to read them. Evidently peace on earth, good will to men must mean something different than what I thought.

If this post is "right up there with ridiculous" I must be reading different posts than you are. Maybe this was the only present the OP could afford for her husband's Christmas gift. Missing the look of surprise, joy and excitement as he opened it Christmas day is something the OP can not see now. Did the original OP make some mistakes, Yes. But even when you are at fault you still have the right to get upset and frustrated and "rant". No harm done "ranting". 

Cruel comment saying you feel sorry for the OPs husband for having to deal with her. 

If this is the worse thing a husband has to deal with then he should consider himself lucky. Let's see. He should get mad/disgusted at his wife because she wanted  to surprise him and buy him something to make him happy????? Oh, wait. And she wanted to do all that on one of the most important days of the year ..... Christmas.

Honored Contributor

Why would you bother to have the supposedly surprise gift sent to your father in law's house and then have your husband, the recipient, go to pick it up... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
When you place an order online there is a question, “Is this a gift?” I don’t remember if the order operators ask this for phone orders.
Super Contributor

Calm down...its not that serious.

Frequent Contributor

Although the surprise element is gone, it has just been replaced by the anticipation of your husband plugging that Bose in and listening to his favorite music....I have one thats about 4 years old...I love that thing and your husband will too!! 

Contributor

I don't post here much anymore, but just had to voice my opinion.  the original poster was probably very pleased that she had found her husband a gift for Christmas that would be a surprise and came here to rant.  Then some of you diss her for not being a grown up, please let the lady voice her rant and quit making her feel bad about her Christmas surprise being ruined.  Please don't come after me for voicing my opinion.  Thanks for listening.

Honored Contributor

@nuck we heard the rant, and for the most part, assured her that her husband would still love his gift. When she said she was going to tie into the QVC customer service rep, that's when many of us had it with her behavior. The mistake was hers for having her husband pick up his own gift.

Trusted Contributor

I did not read where she was going to "tie into a QVC customer representatIve". I read where she was waiting for a phone call from a supervisor. I am sure a representative or supervisor would be more than qualified to explain everything to the OP in a civil manner. In fact, it could have been explained here in a more civil manner. 

Honored Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

I did not read where she was going to "tie into a QVC customer representatIve". I read where she was waiting for a phone call from a supervisor. I am sure a representative or supervisor would be more than qualified to explain everything to the OP in a civil manner. In fact, it could have been explained here in a more civil manner. 

@Sheila P-BurgI couldn't agree more with you.  The responses were brutal and un called for.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@elated ...... Brrrrrr, some of these posts are so cold and heartless I almost had to put a sweater on to read them. Evidently peace on earth, good will to men must mean something different than what I thought.

If this post is "right up there with ridiculous" I must be reading different posts than you are. Maybe this was the only present the OP could afford for her husband's Christmas gift. Missing the look of surprise, joy and excitement as he opened it Christmas day is something the OP can not see now. Did the original OP make some mistakes, Yes. But even when you are at fault you still have the right to get upset and frustrated and "rant". No harm done "ranting". 

Cruel comment saying you feel sorry for the OPs husband for having to deal with her. 

If this is the worse thing a husband has to deal with then he should consider himself lucky. Let's see. He should get mad/disgusted at his wife because she wanted  to surprise him and buy him something to make him happy????? Oh, wait. And she wanted to do all that on one of the most important days of the year ..... Christmas.

Thank you for your post, you were much kinder than I would have been.  Who was the OP hurting with her rant, probably witten in the heat of the moment, no one.  I don't understand the comments, I would have been very disappointed too but whats done is done and of course it will all be fine.  I'm sorry OP that it happened and have a Merry Christmas.