Honored Contributor

When will adults stop their childish expectations and think more responsibly.  It's the blame game all over again.  I'm mad, stomping my feet, and it's all QVC's fault.  If people are so unhappy with on-line shopping, they should get their lazy legs out to their cars and drive to the mall and shop there.

Valued Contributor

I'm not understanding maybe?  Why was it shipped to father-in-laws if not to keep it secret and why then have DH pick it up?  And when a supervisor calls you back, what is it you are expecting of them?

Esteemed Contributor

@In-x-s 

I am guessing due to the expense, she did not want it sitting on her front porch. The father in law is most likely retired or at least at home during the day. The OP then expected the Bose box to be inside of a QVC box and not the manufacturers box. 

@Marcy1904 

Sorry for the dissappointment. On the bright side, he probbaly now considers you the best wife. :-)

Respected Contributor

@Marcy1904  I think that one of the questions that should be asked whenever there is a "bill to/ship too" if this is a gift, that way the customer can decide if they still want to purchase the item if it comes in the manufacturer packaging.

I think this should be a standard question if it is being shipped to another address, and the customer is ordering through a live customer service person.  The customer service rep should ask the question since the customer does not have an option to read it online. 

I'm sure he'll love the gift - I know I love mine and the sound is incredible!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

@Marcy1904 wrote:
I ordered the Bose TSV as a Christmas present for my husband and had it delivered to my father-in-law’s house. I asked my husband to pick up the QVC box for me. To my surprise and horror, the Bose was not in a QVC box but a Bose box with the picture of the Bose on the box. So now, my husband, who was supposed to be surprised with his big gift, knows what his Christmas gift is. I am SO angry! Why wouldn’t QVC inform customers that the merchandise was coming directly from the manufacturer and would not be in a QVC box. What about people who are not home when a Bose box is sitting on their porch just ready to be stolen! I am waiting for a QVC supervisor to call me back. I am a good and loyal customer and I spend a lot of money on QVC merchandise but this is unacceptable!

@Marcy1904   Did you ever stop to think that QVC did not even ship it??  It could have been mailed through Bose.  Reguardless this is not QVC issue.  This is typical with any company that you order from that the label will show what is inside the box. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, I've gotten some like that with the product name all over the boxes.  And an open invitation for theft, not only from doorsteps, but also by shipping company employees.  Most thefts are by employees.  

Saw a video the other day how thieves are following UPS trucks around.  As soon as the driver is out of sight, they run up to the house and take the package(s) that was left.

It's gotten to the point, customers are staying home from work to get their packages, scheduling with UPS times to drop them off, having them sent to other people who are home, and picking them up themselves at UPS locations.

If it's any consolation, I'm sure he was pleasantly surprised.  Santa just came early.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have read a lot of posts on this  forum but yours is right up there with ridiculous. Why didn't you pick up the package??? So many people are suffering in our country from serious illnesses, hunger and homelessness. You are complaining about a box with the name of the manufacturer on it. 

I feel sorry for your husband that he has to deal with you. He is a grown man and I am sure he was happy just to get it. Calm down and enjoy life. Life is short and no one is guaranteed tomorrow. 

Honored Contributor

OP should have picked up the package herself 

the old adage if you want something done do it yourself 

and yes it's annoying, 

Trusted Contributor

Perhaps the OP doesn't have a way to "Pick it up herself"

Lots of people can't get out so before we tell her to do it herself let's think about that.

I had this happen to me years ago from HSN.  I was mad beyond belief but fortunately I ordered the item in June and by the time Christmas rolled around it had been forgotten about.

Frequent Contributor

@In-x-s- EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING!!!! 

Why have it shipped to your father-in-laws house only to then have your husband go pick it up???  That makes no sense to me! 

If you didn't want your husband to find out his present, you should have picked up the package yourself and wrapped it or had your father-in-law bring it to you when your husband was not at home, or whatever. This is on you, not QVC!