Contributor
I ordered the Bose TSV as a Christmas present for my husband and had it delivered to my father-in-law’s house. I asked my husband to pick up the QVC box for me. To my surprise and horror, the Bose was not in a QVC box but a Bose box with the picture of the Bose on the box. So now, my husband, who was supposed to be surprised with his big gift, knows what his Christmas gift is. I am SO angry! Why wouldn’t QVC inform customers that the merchandise was coming directly from the manufacturer and would not be in a QVC box. What about people who are not home when a Bose box is sitting on their porch just ready to be stolen! I am waiting for a QVC supervisor to call me back. I am a good and loyal customer and I spend a lot of money on QVC merchandise but this is unacceptable!
Respected Contributor

On every order I’ve placed there has been a disclosure that item may arrive in manufacture’s packaging.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

QVC does inform you about this very thing.  Website clearly states the following under the Bose product description:  Is this a gift?  Product may arrive in Manufacturer packaging and display brand name and content

@Marcy1904 wrote:
I ordered the Bose TSV as a Christmas present for my husband and had it delivered to my father-in-law’s house. I asked my husband to pick up the QVC box for me. To my surprise and horror, the Bose was not in a QVC box but a Bose box with the picture of the Bose on the box. So now, my husband, who was supposed to be surprised with his big gift, knows what his Christmas gift is. I am SO angry! Why wouldn’t QVC inform customers that the merchandise was coming directly from the manufacturer and would not be in a QVC box. What about people who are not home when a Bose box is sitting on their porch just ready to be stolen! I am waiting for a QVC supervisor to call me back. I am a good and loyal customer and I spend a lot of money on QVC merchandise but this is unacceptable!

Respected Contributor

bosegift.jpg

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Contributor
Thanks for pointing this out but I did not order online. I called in after watching on TV. Since I already own a Bose, I didn’t need to read the specs. I will know better next time.
Trusted Contributor

Unless your husband is 4 years old, I'm sure he'll graciously accept a wonderful Bose radio as a loving gift from you, who knew just what he most wanted, even if it's not a surprise. 

If this minor setback is what gets you SO ANGRY, rethink your mindset. Christmas gifts are part of expressing love and sincerity. Surprises for adults are hard to come by. So are Bose radios. Your husband got the better of the two. Provided by you. 

Move on from this ANGERING experience.  

Honored Contributor

You need to calm down. I doubt your husband cares one bit about seeing what was on the box. It's still a nice gift. Peace on earth, good will to men.....

Honored Contributor

Same rant every year.  I would expect a vendor-shipped appliance to come in the company's box.  Now tell us Christmas was absolutely ruined at your house because a box had a brand name on it.  I bet dh gets over it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

The last few items I ordered from Amazon came that way too. Same with WalMart No box, just a mailing label on it.  also ordred from HSN the Kitchen Aid Mixer, came in a box that said Kitchen Aid, thought it would also be in a KA box inside that box but it wasn't. Just a big brown box with the mixer and styroform reinforcements. Everything was brand new though.  

Helen852
Trusted Contributor

@Marcy1904  ..... I understand your frustration at not being able to surprise your husband with his Christmas gift. We all would be a little "let down". You had the package delivered to your father-in-law 's house. Since he would have seen what was in the box I would have thought he would have said something about the package. Did you not explain to him it was a Christmas gift for your husband?