Valued Contributor

Re: A Hose nozzle TS is bad enough! But a ladder TS is just....

[ Edited ]

The main issue I have with this 'alleged' Special Value is that is is NOT a Special Value.  My local Lowes has the exact same Little Giant ladder with the exact same specs for $69.95.  What QVC has done was raise the actual retail price by $15 and then reduce it to the price it is sold at the local stores and call it a TSV.  Also, I pay no shipping and handling and if I have a problem, I just go up to Lowes and they help me.  I plan to purchase this ladder over the weekend as it suits my needs, but NOT from the Q.  I'm tired of their shady business tricks.  Albeit, they are within their legal rights but it is my right to take my business elsewhere.  I have ceased purchasing from them.  docsgirl

Honored Contributor

@docsgirl wrote:

The main issue I have with this 'alleged' Special Value is that is is NOT a Special Value.  My local Lowes has the exact same Little Giant ladder with the exact same specs for $69.95.  What QVC has done was raise the actual retail price by $15 and then reduce it to the price it is sold at the local stores and call it a TSV.  Also, I pay no shipping and handling and if I have a problem, I just go up to Lowes and they help me.  I plan to purchase this ladder over the weekend as it suits my needs, but NOT from the Q.  I'm tired of their shady business tricks.  Albeit, they are within their legal rights but it is my right to take my business elsewhere.  I have ceased purchasing from them. 

I just looked at the Lowe's near me and not only did not find any Little Giant brand ladders, but nothing this size and weight from any brand.  If I had, I ,too, would have purchased from them rather than QVC.

Respected Contributor

This Little Giant ladder is an upgrade from the one for the same price from Lowe's. This one has a 375 pound capacity, the one at Lowe's is 300.
Respected Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@Meowingkitty wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

I got the preorder email for the ladder. Enough already with these TSVs. After watching the hose nozzle presentation today my DH walked in the room and told me they are garbage and overpriced. Home Depot sells a similar brand at a quarter of the price. 

I agree. I bought a similar one from Lowes last weekend for $12.00. 

I've never seen a ladder at Lowes for $12 ever.  Lowes does carry this same ladder for the TSV price and of course you save yourself S&H.

As for Home Depot, I'll never shop there again.  Used to be my favorite store, but my local store has gone downhill and their customer service both local and corporate is anything but.

@Buck-i-Nana, I think the poster is referring to the nozzle for $12.00, not the ladder.

Honored Contributor

@RollTideRoll2008 wrote:
This Little Giant ladder is an upgrade from the one for the same price from Lowe's. This one has a 375 pound capacity, the one at Lowe's is 300.

Exactly.  We don't need a ladder but if I did, the 300 pound capacity would suffice.  But it's important to compare apples to apples.

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Seriously though, don't they offer this Little Giant thing (or some variation of it) at least twice a year?  How many people could possibly need this thing?  I'm sure they'll drag it out around Father's DAy again too.  Then fall clean up.  Then Christmas.  That ladder gets around.

They catch new people each time. I saw, but didn't buy, Clarisonic TSVs on several different occasions. Then, at one point, I did take the plunge because it was a very good deal and I had always wanted to try one. (Didn't work for me, by the way, but I've passed it along to my kids!)

Honored Contributor

Some are confusing two different Little Giant ladders. The one at Lowe's is a flip-n-light model very similar to the Xtra-Lite one that is the TSV. Lowe's doesn't have the TSV model. The price for the flip-n-lite is $61.99 on the Little Giant site; the TSV model is $129.99. The TSV is stronger -- a Type 1AA. The Flip one is Type 1A

I wouldn't have cared about all that, but why not get the stronger one for the same price?

Anyway, thank you @SeaMaiden. I would never have seen this if not for your thread.:-) We have wanted a good step ladder for indoors.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Anyone planning to buy a 3- or 4-step stepladder might want to consider one with deeper steps. I have one by Cosco that has those steps plus a built-in tool tray at the top. Those deeper treads make you feel far more secure when standing on it and working. I consider the tool tray another safety feature, since you don't have to carry things while you climb or bend down once you're up to retrieve your tools, etc. Mine has holes for things like screwdrivers and a depression to hold a paint can and other handy features.

I like Little Giant and have their 17' ladder that comes apart and is wonderful if you can lift it, but this stepladder is underpowered feature-wise, IMO.

Honored Contributor

for anyone who has recently purchased a little giant ladder (between march 2016 and february 2017), there is a recall on some of the models.

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2017/Wing-Enterprises-Recalls-Little-Giant-Ladders

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Contributor

Wow! Seriously! So much petty negativity. It just breeds in here. I for one, happened to purchase the Little Giant TSV for my husband's upcoming birthday and I know he will love it! I have also previously purchased one of the larger models and he uses it all the time. Try not to be so judgmental regarding a TSV. There are many other more important things to worry about in the world. 

It's simple.......if you don't like it......don't buy it.