Respected Contributor

Re: A Fashion (thumb)HOLE-IN-ONE!!!!!! TSV RUBBER SHOES

I'm glad I don't feel the need to demand a retailer only offer products I might be interested in.

I work in an Uber casual office. These shoes would not be out of place in my workplace. Neither are thumb holes. I'm currently wearing a hoodie with thumb holes.
Respected Contributor

Ohhhh Okay, I won't ridicule thumbholes any more......

I guess I just have to get with the modern styles. And the tattooes. And the peircings, and the giant un-feminine shoes....and the skin tight leggings that end above the ankle...and the pajamas in public, and the droopy clothes.with the lace curtains peeking out...

I can see my thumbhole-bashing elicits the same emotional response in others that the thumbholes themselves elicit in me....

Forgive me if I can't get used to it.

Thankfully QVC still does have designers that cater to adult women.......

Now where's my pacifier?!?!?!?!?

Respected Contributor

Tomgirl that was sooooo funny.  Thanks for the laugh.  I feel the same way about those shoes and thumbholes.  If I had to stand on my feet all day and these were comfortable, I might consider them for that purpose but otherwise...no way.

Super Contributor

Comfortable, stable shoes don't need to have flowers and butterflies on them. I just bought a beautiful pair of Danskos (not clogs); they are super comfortable and I look like a grown up mature lady. They are even a little sexy. 

I hate to say I think the Logo line is a cruel joke. There was an argument in the forums once that a tank hanging out of the bottom of another top looked like a diaper. It did. 

My rule of thumb is if I feel apprehensive about leaving the house in something, it's probably not the item for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

@TheMemphisVette, Thanks for bringing it up on this thread that some people may benefit from having a neoprene upper.  I did not see the midnight presentation, so I'm glad that the use of the fabric was explained for customers who are accustomed to Alegria's being all leather.  It doesn't change my mind about the shoes, but it helps me understand why the company felt they needed to offer something other than all leather comfort.  

Respected Contributor

Let's go for the trifecta:

funny rubber loafers

thumb holes 

cold shoulders

Nope nope nope.

I'm one for ONLY comfy shoes with orthopedic insoles if possible but those loafers were a no for me. They might look good on you if your feet are small. Mine look like ironing boards in shoes like that. 

Honored Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

I guess I just have to get with the modern styles. And the tattooes. And the peircings, and the giant un-feminine shoes....and the skin tight leggings that end above the ankle...and the pajamas in public, and the droopy clothes.with the lace curtains peeking out...

I can see my thumbhole-bashing elicits the same emotional response in others that the thumbholes themselves elicit in me....

Sounds like you need one with the tantrums and rants here.

Respected Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

Umm excuse me I AM an adult woman and I purchased a Cuddl Duds cardi from QVC that has thumb holes. Just because you don't like the style doesn't mean that those of us who do are babies. Seems like you may need a pacifier for a whole 'nother reason...maybe a bottle too.

Honored Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

Curious as to why you feel compelled to ridicule anything, or for that matter, anyone? And you sound VERY MODERN yourself, like maybe a fourteen year old, so why would “modern styles” disturb you?

No reason to feel the need to be or not to be dressing just like every other member of the human race.

A little variety, in clothing styles AND in posting styles, is good for everybody!

TRY IT!

Esteemed Contributor

I bought the TSV shoes in the small floral print on black. I received them and they will be perfect for me. Contrary to being immature, a mature woman wears what she pleases and pays for: clothes that suit her. I need no one's permission. OP can diss me and others all she wants. I will be happy and comfortable in my Alegria shoes. Glad I do not require her permission.