Respected Contributor

Re: A Fashion (thumb)HOLE-IN-ONE!!!!!! TSV RUBBER SHOES

I am so glad simple things like thumb holes do not have the power to control me emotionally. 🤣

Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

No NO thumb holes for me.  

NO NEOPHRENE on my Alegrias and...

NO more fly away cardigans!  

Maybe it's just me but I won't but them and Alegrias are my favorite shoes. Fit is awesome, quality materials and last a very long time. But I won't invest in them with any neophrene on them.... For those that love these items, go for it and enjoy......but  these styles are not for me.  Woman Indifferent

@Q4u I'm considering them in black...however I'm not familiar with NEOPHRENE...what is that?  At first I thought they were all leather but it appears that the tops of them are this stretchy material....I just don't know.

Honored Contributor

I like thumb holes because I have a disability in my hands and it makes it difficult to grab my sleeves when I put on a jacket or coat over the top of my long sleeves. Although I don't keep my thumbs through the holes all the time, they are a godsend for me and have made my life a whole lot easier.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Neophrene is in the family of rubbers....

It's a cute shoe and had it been all leather it would already be coming to my house....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I love thumb holes (and No, I do not wear them to my office at work) in athletic and leisure tops.  They make it super easy to layer jackets over them, no fighting bunching sleeves underneath.  Also, I typically get cold wrists in the winter where jackets stop and gloves ride up.  Thumb holes = solution solved.  I've never had a problem washing my hands either, just slip your thumb out, it's not rocket science.

I don't like or need the TSV.  I'm not on my feet all day, but my 30 year old niece, who's a nurse, swears by them!  In fact, she was nearly in tears when I purchased a pair for her last Christmas.

So I have to ask, why the rant???  Each one of us has likes & don't likes in fashion.  Makes the world go 'round.

Super Contributor

@Othereeeen OH my goodness, you are a woman after my own heart! I haven't posted in a long time, but I had to comment. Thank you, but no flowers, hearts, unicorns, butterflies or anything else cutesy on me! Those DG jeans yesterday were embarrassing. And the Alegrias, well forget it. I like to be stylish, which includes nothing of the above. 

Thanks for saying it! I guess we aren't the typical Q demographic. 

Valued Contributor

I see nothing wrong with the shoes.  They of course are not dress shoes but look to be supportive and "cute" in a way that orthopedic or comfort type shoes are cute.  I am thinking of buying them.  I have read that rocker sole (the baybee looking soles you chirp about) are actually very good for people with arthritis and ball of foot pain.  Plus they have a removable insert so you can put an orthotic in.  So it may be a win.  Your post is funny but I see nothing wrong with these styles.  I am not fond of nor do I wear any leggings.  Many people love these styles.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just WOW,  So you don't like the look.  Did you think you would change someone who does like it by posting this rant?  Do you think it will effect QVC's future line up?

I think putting down people that clean offices after hours (think Don Aslett) or service people (filling coffee pots) really low.  They have a job.  Granted, not as impressive as your resume (eyeroll). 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just WOW,  So you don't like the look.  Did you think you would change someone who does like it by posting this rant?  Do you think it will effect QVC's future line up?

I think putting down people that clean offices after hours (think Don Aslett) or service people (filling coffee pots) really low.  They have a job.  Granted, not as impressive as your resume (eyeroll). 

@tends2dogs the OP's rant said a little about QVC, but a whole lot about the OP.  My eyes almost got stuck in my mega eyeroll!

Respected Contributor

I don't care for these shoes or any in the brand.  Clearly others like them and that's fine. What I don't understand is why people get so upset when some people don't like what they do. Material things don't need defending they won't get their feelings hurt.  I never choose my clothing or shoes based on how well strangers like them or don't. I do not give a hoot who likes what I wear and don't ask for approval. People are far too concerned with strangers opinions.