Respected Contributor

A Fashion (thumb)HOLE-IN-ONE!!!!!! TSV RUBBER SHOES

[ Edited ]

OKAY I almost lost it AGAIN today when I tuned in to QVC to see the T.S.V......

and there they were.....RUBBER  boffo orthopedic-looking shoes with

with cutesie designs AND a DIFFERENT (!!!!!!) little metal gew-gaw each one!!!

All being pushed by a hostess with that peculiar wee-wee way of speaking!!!

And THEN, to top things off, when I went onto QVC online, there it was....a picture of

a woman wearing a droopy sweaterish thing WITH A THUMB HOLE!!!!!!

AAAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! Those who know me know how "thumbholes" drive me

right off the cliff.....!!!!  ON ADULT WOMEN no less!!!!! Can you imagine dragging your

sleeves across every surface, getting them wet while washing hands, or, doing

anything besides standing there looking like a widdle bay-bee all day, all sweet and vulnuerable and ****gasp**** child-like?!?!?!

( For those who don't know golf, a hole-in-one is equivalent to a touchdown or a homerun, but with a lot more talent required).

HEre's my idea of a perfect outfit: TSV in BROWN with huge rubberish soles, (slip on of course, no laces here!!!!! Just like when you were a bay-bee!!!!) a droopy knitted top WITH THUMBHOLES, 6" of lace on the bottom in a sharktooth hem, a white undershirt "peeking out" and those shiny rubber leggings from last week...!!!

The leggings would make your legs look like chicken legs, and the boffo rubber shoes and the thumbholes completes the look of a 4-year old headed for the sandbox...or the playpen.....

Just add ANY water bottle sold today with a nipple-like nozzle already on it, and the bay-bee look is compwete!!!!

Rant over.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: A Fashion (thumb)HOLE-IN-ONE!!!!!! TSV RUBBER SHOES

Bwahhhhaaahaaahaahaaa! LOVED IT!

Honored Contributor

Well, thumb holes always look like the wearer doesn't do much or that material over your hand would be filthy, and it would be difficult to take that off all the time and wash your hands.  So nasty is an issue with those for me. 

And you are correct in it is a baby world don't grow up world we live in.  We are awash in cupcakes with pink sprinkles, mac and cheese, and all things "I Don't Wanna Grow Up."  Things like getting a job and buying a house and even attending college are on the downhill slide.  

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

I spent my entire medical career standing on my feet and I have owned a few of the Alegria shoes. They are well-made and are extremely comfortable. For those of you buying the TSV...enjoy them!Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

I can see where the TSV would be comfortable in a medical setting on ones feet..

But I GUARANTEE you did NOT report to work in droopy thumb-hole knit sweaters down to your knees and rubberized leggings!!!

To each his own I say!!! I would NEVER say that people shouldn't have the right to go thier own way...

.I just think that if you are selling rubberized skin-tight leggings for the demographic that watches QVC, they need to include a MIRROR as an accessory!!!

YMMV!!!

PS People laugh at my fashion "sense" (or LACK of it!!!) too!!!!

Respected Contributor

got the tsv in black.

may or may not wear them with my thumb hole tops.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

Well isn't this post just a ray of sunshine?!!  OP didn't almost loose it - it will never be found again she lost it very badly!!  Calm down - so you don't like the look.  No one is making you wear what you do not like!!  The idea of "grown" woman only having to wear boring conservative clothing is absolutely ridiculous.  I guess that's why there are so many grumpy, unhappy complainers among "grown" women who believe this!!!!

I have always loved thumbholes and have many acquired over the years!  I taught baton for over 29 years and they are the best for keeping you wrists warmed up and thus avoiding unnecessary injuries.  This is also true for women with arthritis.  Less damage (and pain) to the wrist if they are kept warm.  There is no need to get them wet while washing your hands.  Just slip thumbs out and pull up - it's no effort at all!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No NO thumb holes for me.  

NO NEOPHRENE on my Alegrias and...

NO more fly away cardigans!  

Maybe it's just me but I won't but them and Alegrias are my favorite shoes. Fit is awesome, quality materials and last a very long time. But I won't invest in them with any neophrene on them.... For those that love these items, go for it and enjoy......but  these styles are not for me.  Woman Indifferent

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

got the tsv in black.

may or may not wear them with my thumb hole tops.

I'm thinking of getting the black TSV too. My feet hurt a lot and I need the support..

I'll probably wear my thumb hole cardis with slippers since it's something I plan on wearing around the house (not out in pblic) when it gets cold....and I don't stick my hands into the thumb holes.