Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

8Greens TSV - Vitamin K

[ Edited ]

Is there any way of finding out what the Vitamin K amount is in a single serving? For those of us on a blood thinner like Coumadin, this is info we need to know to determine whether or not it will interfere too much with our medication.

ETA:  Please ignore the "Solved - Best Answer" link,  if one shows.  My big fingers hit that button when I was just trying to "heart" a post. Smiley Frustrated

Valued Contributor

I found this info on another site for 8Greens. Doesn't look like there is any Vit K in it.

Respected Contributor

I love vegatables.....but @elruth I see it has that awful Sorbitol.....fake sweetner. I can't deal with that stuff... :/

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Super Contributor

Re: 8Greens TSV - Vitamin K

[ Edited ]

I saw another post on the Q site about this product and the TSV. The poster indicated that she suspected that this product interferred with her coumadin and that her cardiologist told her to stop taking it immediately. As for what is listed on the label, I don't know what the federal requirements are about this, but I suspect that they don't have to identify all of the vitamins and minerals, but what they do list is supposed to be what is actually in the product. When I looked at the label, I was suprised at the short list of nutrients. I would have expected that with all of those vegetables, there would be a lot more nutrients present. 

Editing my post because I confused Potassium (symbol K) with Vitamin K. Thank you to those who noticed and commented on this. I rarely make mistakes like this.

That being said, I saw the presentation and had some interest in this product. But...  it seems like this product is contraindicated for some people. I would have liked more information about that in the presentation.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Mayfayre I cannot answer your question but they are disgusting tasting, the tablets did not dissolve completely I tried 1 tablet and back they went, YUCK!

Respected Contributor

I think they taste fine - I usually squeeze a bit of lemon juice in with my '8 Greens' tablets - no problem here with the taste !  

Trusted Contributor

This stuff reminds me of the movie Soylent Green with Charlotte Heston and Edward G Robinson. After I saw that movie; I started buying only fresh produce. 

New Contributor

I urge you to go to the 8Greens website. You can read more about the product and they have an 800 number for customer service and medical inquiries. They should have the answer to your question about Vitamin K and blood thinners. Also, you may know this, but although the chemical symbol for potassium is K, it is definitely not the same thing as Vitamin K. At least one persons responding to your post seemed to be confused about this. Good luck! Smiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

I find it hard to believe that the human body needs 8 cups of broccoli, 6 cups of spinach,, etc. etc., daily ( my counts are not accurate!) to survive!   How did we ever get this far?  I will stick to eating REAL food and pass on this offer.  IMO, just another way to make $$$.  

Respected Contributor

@MizKringlewrote:

I saw another post on the Q site about potassium and the TSV. The poster indicated that she suspected that this product had a lot of potassium that interferred with her coumadin and that her cardiologist told her to stop taking it immediately. As for what is listed on the label, I don't know what the federal requirements are about this, but I suspect that they don't have to identify all of the vitamins and minerals, but what they do list is supposed to be what is actually in the product. When I looked at the label, I was suprised at the short list of nutrients. I would have expected that with all of those vegetables, there would be a lot more nutrients present. My guess is that if you are on a blood thinner, then you should not take it.

I've never heard of potassium as a blood thinner.  Potassium is in nearly every fruit and vegetable we eat, and it's essential to heart health and maintaining proper blood pressure.

Laura loves cats!