Respected Contributor

8Greens Effervescent Drink Tablets

Screen Shot 2023-02-04 at 8.28.00 AM.png

3 flavor choices, new one is Peach (already limited).

I ordered Blood Orange on Auto.

The scientist in me did some research on what health care folks say about any of the "super green" supplements, pros and cons.

I've revised my kitchen this year. Everything now is actually healthy. With taste.

Gone are high sodium, high sugar, high fat. 

8 greens fits for me.

Especially when I can add it to soup, bake with it, add it to a smoothy.

However, I am big on gradual introductions of new things to my body.

Rather than starting with it EVERY DAY, I shall start with every OTHER day.

FYI the sweetener here is sorbitol, a sugar alcohol with a sweet taste, which the body metabolizes SLOWLY.

Honored Contributor

Re: 8Greens Effervescent Drink Tablets

I think it's great that the Q is offering auto delivery now.  I would also start it gradually @1Professor .  I'm curious about this product, but did not order.

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I think it's great that the Q is offering auto delivery now.  I would also start it gradually @1Professor .  I'm curious about this product, but did not order.

Hi, @San Antonio Gal it is, indeed, thoughtworthy.

When a product first launches, it is also tempting.

But I resist. Now 8Greens has been out for many years with millions using—so all the horrid outcomes will have emerged, as well as whether a reaction is typical or unique to that person. 

Any supplement will be different depending on AGE, medical conditions, prescriptions already taking, supplements already taking, and who actually follows the directions.

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

Screen Shot 2023-02-04 at 8.28.00 AM.png

3 flavor choices, new one is Peach (already limited).

I ordered Blood Orange on Auto.

The scientist in me did some research on what health care folks say about any of the "super green" supplements, pros and cons.

I've revised my kitchen this year. Everything now is actually healthy. With taste.

Gone are high sodium, high sugar, high fat. 

8 greens fits for me.

Especially when I can add it to soup, bake with it, add it to a smoothy.

However, I am big on gradual introductions of new things to my body.

Rather than starting with it EVERY DAY, I shall start with every OTHER day.

FYI the sweetener here is sorbitol, a sugar alcohol with a sweet taste, which the body metabolizes SLOWLY.

OMG!  Sorbitol works as a laxative.  No thanks.  I have had many a bad experience with this sweetener.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie 

That's why I looked it up.

ONLY in HIGH doses, not as a minor additive.

Some people actually take straight sorbitol—that's way more than you would every get in a minor additive too small to measure.

Honored Contributor

No thanks.   🤮

Honored Contributor

The vendor selling this line does not look healthy OR HAPPY.... she kind of has a look of misery on her face at all time.

Regular Contributor

I would never ingest those pills.  They have to be full of chemicals to look like they do.  Where are the products they represent?  I don't see any colors from  the vegetables that are suppose to be in them.  YUCK!

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@Carmie 

That's why I looked it up.

ONLY in HIGH doses, not as a minor additive.

Some people actually take straight sorbitol—that's way more than you would every get in a minor additive too small to measure.

I have ample experience with this sweetener.  I doesn't take much to cause digestive issues.

I used to take my diabetic MIL a chocolate bar once a week while I visited her in a retirement facility.

After a few weeks, the nurses told me to never give her that chocolate again.  Unknown too me, she created quite a mess for them to clean up after eating the chocolate.

I had no idea.  I do know that sorbitol is wonderful in chocolate bars...makes them creamy.

Then I knew the cause of my problems.  It caused stomach pains, gas and severe explosive diarrhea.

This sweetener is not recommended for pregnant women either.

Not everyone is sensitive to this sweetener, but if you are, it can be a really bad experience.  It never the less works as a laxative.  If you need a laxitive, it could be helpful, but if you don't...well, good luck.

I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. I learned my lesson.

Regular Contributor