Trusted Contributor

Re: 8 candles for almost $90.00! TSV 7/25

AND this is a TSV???  No thanks!!

Valued Contributor

In our local store that sells these candles there prices start at $29.99 for the smallest candle. This is in fact a great deal!

Respected Contributor

@Sweet Kitties wrote:

Seriouslly, who has the money to pay $90.00 for these unnecessary candles in this time of economic hardship? There must people who are willing to shell out the money for these cheap looking candles and then have less of it for groceries. 

I agree calling it a value is a farce. I can purchase flameless candles for 6 dollars at Big Lots.

Super Contributor

@Reever probably not the same quality and features or battery life/ including remotes as well, or the same flame flicker realistic technology as Luminara.
I've bought the less expensive brands, you get what you pay for basically.
Respected Contributor

I purchased these last year  and still going strong.  I am  passing this year and kept them all for myself.  I use real candles as well, but only on the table. These can go anywhere. 

I have been off the month of July and heading back to work August 1st.  I have done  more cleaning and organizing this last month than I have in a long time.  What a great accomplishment and feeling. I am not a garage sale person so lots got donated.  

My point is for me I have enough stuff to last me for a life time.  I love these candles, but an easy pass this time because I have them and working good and just don't need any more extras taking up space.  Opened my eyes this last month.  Going to be buying less.  

I was very tempted and a good deal.  Still available too.  

Enjoy and everyone has their own reasons why they buy or psss. 

Respected Contributor

I ordered two sets.  I have many Luminara candles - they're the best. This was a great deal.

Contributor

I bought the set last year when it was a TSV. I had never seen a Luminara in person, so I only bought the one set. I was kicking myself for not buying 2 sets at the time (but I didn't know how nice they would be).

I ended up buying some of these types of candles from Kohls (I think Scott Living). They would have been fine if I didn't have the Luminara. You can definitely see the difference between the two brands - Luminara is so much nicer. My husband can even tell the difference. (!) The Scott brand also dims a lot sooner so I need to change the batteries much more often.

I bought 2 sets this time. One set to replace the Scott brand candles in our Family Room and the 2nd set to put in my home office. I am working from home full time now and think I will be working from home at least partly in the future, so it will be nice to have the candles around providing a comfy atmosphere while working.

I also burn real candles, but with cats in the house, I am very limited on where I can burn real candles. Luminara can go anywhere!

With us all spending so much more time at home these days, there is nothing wrong with wanting to make your home environment more inviting.

Yes, I am grateful to be working. Yes, I am grateful to be able to afford these. But, really, most of the TSVs aren't necessities. Each person's circumstances are different.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Does TSV blow you away Sweet Kitties?Dyson vacuum?

@Sweet Kitties wrote:

Seriouslly, who has the money to pay $90.00 for these unnecessary candles in this time of economic hardship? There must people who are willing to shell out the money for these cheap looking candles and then have less of it for groceries. 

I need a new vacuum and this looks enticing.The Dyson vaccum? Lightweight, adjusts to carpet, rugs, hardwood floor, cordless. Hum..........

Honored Contributor

Oh yea, special... Agree with you @Sweet Kitties... Ludicrous...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Lots of colors that were sold out are available today for anyone interested.  Guess there were a lot of people who had second thoughts and cancelled their orders.