Honored Contributor

There is no magic bullet or tablet to good health IMO. I get it that you can't eat all the greens that are in that fizzy tablet, but why do you need to. This is the lazy person's way to some semblance of good nutrition. No sale.

New Contributor

I bought these last year and took them faithfully for 3 weeks. I developed stomach cramps, and couldn't figure out why. I stopped taking the 8 greens, and the cramps stopped. I threw the rest out. I would not recommend.

Trusted Contributor

@Dar321 wrote:

I really want to try this.  Has anyone else had any results to speak of??  It is quit expensive.  A dollar a tablet is not cheap.

My sister purchased and it disagreed with her (everything does)- She gave me one to try.  I actually do like the taste. Just plopped one in water and sipped away.  She gave me the rest of the bottle. 

I proceeded to read the ingredient list after the fact and immediately tossed it. 

Algae.  No thanks.  So much coming out about the effect of algae and it's correlation to ALS.  

Not what i'm interested in at all. I'll eat my veggies. Just my thoughts. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: 8 Greens TSV

[ Edited ]

I was interested until I realized that by the 4th month easy pay was $40 and you would be paying $240 + shipping & tax.  I’ll continue to eat my greens.  Your body discards what it doesn’t need anyway.

Esteemed Contributor

Who eats all those vegetables and fruits in one day??? Are people that gullible? It has not been approved by the FDA. Seriously, this could be dangerous if you have health issues. The rep said she takes three tablets a day----this is very unnerving. I wonder if she eats at all.

Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

Who eats all those vegetables and fruits in one day??? Are people that gullible? It has not been approved by the FDA. Seriously, this could be dangerous if you have health issues. The rep said she takes three tablets a day----this is very unnerving. I wonder if she eats at all.

@elated  Agreed.  She already confessed that she never cooks.  Replacing a proper meal with these tablets -- 3 a day! -- makes no sense to me at all. 

You can eat a barrel of greens and call it "good for you."  But your body doesn't need that whole barrel each day.  They never talk about what your body actually requires on a daily basis, they just throw the green kitchen sink at you and say, "this is great!"  I have trust issues with her entire sales pitch.

Trusted Contributor

@Green Dolphin wrote:

I bought these last year and took them faithfully for 3 weeks. I developed stomach cramps, and couldn't figure out why. I stopped taking the 8 greens, and the cramps stopped. I threw the rest out. I would not recommend.

Cramps as well as diarrhea are side effects of the sorbitol in the tablet. QVC should mention this when promoting the product.  I would never ingest a product containing sorbitol.  It can make you very sick.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I ordered this the last time it was a TSV and then cancelled it, as many reviews didn’t care for the taste.  I cancelled my order then regretted it a few days later.  I ended up ordering a one-time shipment at a higher price just to try it and ended up loving it.  I really like the taste and feel like it’s a healthy addition to my diet.  I had no after affects except for an overall healthy feeling.

I was so happy to see it as a TSV after New Years and promptly got on A/D.  I can’t wait to start taking it again.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Valued Contributor

I agree the reviews on the Q were not as good as Amazon reviews but I did have the previous TSV on Auto delivery and was glad to see it was back as the TSV got it again on auto delivery .Never  had any problems in taking the tablets no upset stomach.

How I feel to be able to get that much  vegetables in a tablet is worth it , I feel if I went to the store to buy that much greens for a month it  would cost me more and probably would go bad before I  would use them up even with lock and lock or green boxes. Guess I would also  have to find a health store  for things like spirulina  and chorella,barley grass forget it ,1 tablet much easier to get my greens.

Also I feel the maker of 8 Greens would not be giving anything  to herself after a serious illness or to her husband or children and think QVC  fully checks out vendors and their products before they go on air.

Now that it is winter I am enjoying  8 Greens hot using  my Keurig for the hot water  so easy to get my veggies,and in the summer like it cold.

Honored Contributor

The product sounds great in theory to me but the fact that she touts the therapeutic properties of this miracle tablet yet refuses to tell us what compelled her to create it, what she was suffering with, comes off as a little disingenuous to me.

' Western medicine couldn't help me but this did!' Helped you overcome what? Oh no that I won't tell you!

I would think that it's relevant to what you're trying to sell?! So why are you being secretive?