Regular Contributor

I noticed during several presentations that hosts seem to be sipping the drink, but the amount in the glass rarely seem to go down.  Given a choice, I’d prefer to swallow a pill than drink a glass full.  And it’ll probably cost $7 to return it.

Super Contributor

I really want to try this.  Has anyone else had any results to speak of??  It is quit expensive.  A dollar a tablet is not cheap.

Esteemed Contributor
It is very expensive and I did not like it I have had better green drinks but they s tend to be expensive
Honored Contributor

I was all set to order this as a supplement to the veggies I already eat every day.  But when I finally managed to find a list of the actual ingredients, I changed my mind.  Like many of you, the addition of sorbitol was a no-go for me.  Touting the product’s health benefits and then adding that?  Not to mention corn starch.  I’ll pass.  I already eat healthier than that.  

And I really wish QVC would list ingredients for food and supplements they sell.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@LIPearl wrote:

I noticed during several presentations that hosts seem to be sipping the drink, but the amount in the glass rarely seem to go down.  Given a choice, I’d prefer to swallow a pill than drink a glass full.  And it’ll probably cost $7 to return it.

I've noticed the same thing.  Personally I couldn't get over the thought of an alka seltzer like tablet as a veggie subsitute.

Looking at the ingredient list you could take a chewable vitamin C which tastes way better.  Any energy increase or health benefits are likely from an increase in water intake as opposed to the actual ingredients.

Contributor

The presenter has said in presentations before that sorbitol is a "binder" and not an artificial sweetener... but that's not true! As many here have noted, it's an artificial sweetener.  I hope QVC is being more honest about it today.

Honored Contributor

I generally eat a very balanced diet --including vegetables and fruit. I believe that I am fine with that.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

Re: 8 Greens TSV

[ Edited ]

The first ingredient listed is Micro Crystaline Cellulose, a refined wood pulp used as a texturizer.  Cellulose is the same thing that is used in pre-shredded packaged cheese, to keep it from sticking together.  I stopped buying the pre-shredded cheese years ago. I can't imagine eating wood pulp on a daily basis.  This product is not something I would  use or recommend to anyone.  I remember years ago when QVC got into legal trouble for selling some kind of supplements, that were proven to be bogus.  This product sounds like another bogus one to me.  

Honored Contributor

I would NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS buy this product.

Honored Contributor

I eat a very balanced diet everyday, including spinach and aloe vera in my smoothies.  Still, I would have given this a try until I actually sat to listen to a presentation.  The inventor confessed that she never, ever cooks.  She also said her cookbook for 8 Greens is based on other people giving her their recipes; again, she never cooks herself.  

So for her and others like her, yes I get it, a supplement is better than nothing.  But if I already get balanced nutrition, and cook, I get absolutely no benefit from from these fizzy tablets.