Respected Contributor

Today's Special Value® - Saturday, December 18, 2021

A-460732 8Greens Gummies Made From Real Greens 60-Day Supply & 2 Lollipops

A-517545 8Greens Gummies Made From Real Greens 60-Day Supply Ships 12/27 

Choices: Apple or Peach

QVC Price: $96.75 TSV Price:$79.95

Honored Contributor

That is a ridiculous price!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Re: 8 Greens TSV 12/18

[ Edited ]

I ordered some from the 8Greens website and I like them.  I wish they weren't so expensive.

Just did the math and the TSV is not really a big savings.  With the 8Greens.com auto-delivery price (15% off), the amount per gummy is around 32 cents.  It's about the same for the TSV.

Honored Contributor

This is a stupid product to buy.  It contains sorbitol which is a sweetener that will make you miserable.

So, you flood your body with greens only to have explosive diarrhea help you rid your body of them.

Unless you are constipated, I would avoid this product.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

This is a stupid product to buy.  It contains sorbitol which is a sweetener that will make you miserable.

So, you flood your body with greens only to have explosive diarrhea help you rid your body of them.

I have not experienced those issues.

Honored Contributor

@santorini   You are very fortunate.  Many people have problems with this sweetner. It is found in many diabetic safe chocolates, breath mints and chewing gum.  It gives your mouth a cooling sensation.

I know I have to avoid it. It is wicked stuff.  It also causes allergic reactions...rashes, shortness of breath, edema and chest pain.

It is found naturally in some fruits, but most people can handle it when it is naturally in foods.

Trusted Contributor

I honestly just don't understand why anyone would buy these.  Our bodies need the real food.  Spending $80 on real fruits and vegetables would benefit one so much more than this junk.

IMO the gummies are a gross color and the lollipops do not look appetizing at all.

Trusted Contributor

One more point.  The last time I saw these presented a question was asked if they are Vegetarian and the lady owning the company (sorry don't remember her name)  couldn't answer that question other than to say she didn't see why not.  To answer the question these gummies are NOT vegetarian or Vegan as they contain Gelatin which comes from Animals.  I'm not vegetarian or vegan but was quite surprised that she was asked this question multiple times during the day and could not answer or more likely was completely avoiding the question.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

@Carmie   That is exactly what happened to me!

I ordered the gummies the first time offered.

Immediate constant diarrhea, which I NEVER have.

(I did write a review to explain that.)

UPDATED: Looked up ingredients on my tablets.

Sorbitol, again!

Returned.

*On the other hand, I now take the tablets in ice cold water and love them.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mimomof4 mentioned gelatin.  Pardon my ignorance but which of these ingredients is gelatin?  This is copied from the 8Greens website under the gummies:

Microcrystalline Cellulose, Spinach, Organic Aloe Vera (inner leaf), Organic Wheatgrass Powder, Kale, Organic Barley Grass, Organic Blue Green Algae, Organic Spirulina, Organic Broken Cell Chlorella.

OTHER INGREDIENTS: ORGANIC CANE SUGAR, ORGANIC RICE SYRUP, WATER, PECTIN, NATURAL APPLE FLAVOR, CITRIC ACID, VEGETABLE OIL (SUNFLOWER) AND CARNAUBA LEAF WAX (TO PREVENT STICKING)