Honored Contributor

8-1/2"W cleaning path?? Shark TSV 9/23

That's what is says in the description. Buyer beware. This is a small vacuum! 

Respected Contributor

Re: 8-1/2"W cleaning path?? Shark TSV 9/23

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

That's what is says in the description. Buyer beware. This is a small vacuum! 

It appears to be the same size as the TSV offered in July (which I purchased) except that this TSV is a "lift-away".  Mine measures 8-1/2"W cleaning path.  I love the dust brush and its performance, although it is smaller than my Shark Rotator "lift-away", cleaning path of 10"W, which is 5 yrs old.

Frequent Contributor

I got the last Shark TSV and I love it. I especially like that the cleaning path is smaller because it fits easily in smaller spaces like my bathroom, between dining room chairs, between bed and nightstands, etc so that if I'm in a hurry I don't have to move furniture. I use it almost every day and my house hasn't been this clean in a long time. I have a long haired, white dog and the motorized pet attachement removes hair from my bedspread so easily--what a pleasure. And the light shows loose hair on the light hardwood floor that I can't see without so that gets vacuumed up daily too. I wonder why this TSV is so soon after the 1st one. I wonder if I would have preferred this model that can actually get under furniture.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for pointing the size out.  I have a shark that works fine, not ordering.  Smaller is fine in my case.  

Frequent Contributor

I have been waiting for this vaccuum to go on sale.I love that it has a smaller cleaning path as my rooms are not big it will be easier to get around. I love that it has the light and the lift away!! I really needed that for my stairs. This is a great value cannot wait to get it.I own a dyson and I think its on ots way out as when I shut it off the motor sounds like it dying.

Respected Contributor

@tiggeerrific5 wrote:

I have been waiting for this vaccuum to go on sale.I love that it has a smaller cleaning path as my rooms are not big it will be easier to get around. I love that it has the light and the lift away!! I really needed that for my stairs. This is a great value cannot wait to get it.I own a dyson and I think its on ots way out as when I shut it off the motor sounds like it dying.

@tiggeerrific5   Have an old Dyson Animal.   Also have a Shark lift-away Rotator.  I prefer my Sharks to the Dyson. I bought this vac from July's TSV, it was not a lift-away.  Identical to this TSV in all other areas and I love it, light and love the brush that dusts the floor, it is a big plus!

Frequent Contributor

Thanks!! For the review I am looking forward to getting it

Trusted Contributor

@tiggeerrific5 wrote:

@tiggeerrific5

I've been eyeing the new Shark vacuum and I'm probably going to get one. None of my vacuums I've had or currently have, including two Roombas, clean along the baseboards like this one looks like it'll do. I like pretty much everything about it. I was trying to think how they could improve on this one and I couldn't think of anything. Maybe a retractable cord, but not too huge of a deal. 

I'm looking forward to getting mine, too!

Regular Contributor

I think I'm going to get one.  I'm a little turned off by the consumer complaints online, but they have those for every company.  I've never had a Shark.  Do they hold up pretty well?  Do they keep suction?  I've had a Miele for almost 20 years, and it still works fine, but the switch for the power head broke and it's over $50 to replace.  I've had it with replacing parts on that thing.  I only have like 2 rugs in the house, but I need the powerhead for pet hair.  Should I go for it?

Regular Contributor

@Teddie wrote:

@tiggeerrific5 wrote:

@tiggeerrific5

I've been eyeing the new Shark vacuum and I'm probably going to get one. None of my vacuums I've had or currently have, including two Roombas, clean along the baseboards like this one looks like it'll do. I like pretty much everything about it. I was trying to think how they could improve on this one and I couldn't think of anything. Maybe a retractable cord, but not too huge of a deal. 

I'm looking forward to getting mine, too!

I'm thinking they could add a little cart for the canister to roll on, but that would also just be one more thing to store.