7-piece Cutlery Set TSV 4/20

[ Edited ]

Today's Special Value® - Wednesday, April 20, 2022

K-62991 Cooking Light 7-Piece Cutlery Set w/Sheaths & 3 Flexible Cutting Mats

Choice of 10 Colors

QVC Price: $36.25 TSV Price: $29.98

Respected Contributor

Re: 7-piece Cutlery Set TSV 4/20

Interesting...it looks like a good set of knives.  I have never had knives from the "Cooking Light" company.  Does anyone have positive or negative experiences with knives like these from this business?  I am tempted to order.  I would appreciate some of your comments.

Trusted Contributor

I'm tempted too, but these don't appear to have the continuous metal through the length of the pieces (I forget what that's called. Is it full tang?). Knives that are built that way are stronger. So I am thinking these should be great for work with breads, fruits, vegetables, but might not withstand use for roasts, or tough cuts of meat?

Also, can these be sharpened? I doubt it but would love to know for sure.

Honored Contributor

I would be very skeptical.  One decent chef's knife starts at about three times the price of this entire set.

Trusted Contributor

I thought it might be good for  a camp/ cottage- where you don't care if a piece gets lost/ broken. Or  someone starting out and not ready to invest in a expensive set, I personally dont' have a bread knife..  I bought the multi set- and plan to use some of the set and share the rest. Thought it worth at least taking a look at it..  I replace the cutting boards like that frequently.. that was bonus..  If I don't like it when I get it, I'll return it.

Trusted Contributor

I've had this set for probably a year or more. They are excellent knives. They keep their edge very well and when you do sharpen, they are like new again. I highly recommend.

Respected Contributor

@Renata22 

Thanks for your review of these knives.  I ended up ordering a set in the multicolor.  Even if I like and use only a couple of them, the price is very reasonable.  I am taking a chance, but I think they will be worth the price tag.  It's always good to have a handy selection of knives in the kitchen.  I think I will like the flexible mats too; I never used anything like them before. 

Trusted Contributor

@maximillian I'm glad you gave them a chance. I think you will really like them. A few of them are used almost daily. The mats are also nice, they don't slip around on the counter. Enjoy!