Super Contributor

Re: 7/30/19 Valerie’s TSV - Yay or Nay?

They had terrible online reviews---people complaining that they didn't work right out of the box or that they died a short time later.  I have found that the quality of her products are awful anymore and after having had to send back the last few items I purchased from her because of quality issues, I no longer buy her products. 

Contributor

I appreciate all of the comments! They look nice online but I have decided to pass. Thanks to everyone! I hope you have a lovely day!

Honored Contributor

I don't trust Valerie's products.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought a similar tree last year from Kringle Express to put outside.  The birtch on the tree was wrapped in a heavy paper.  No way would I put it outside.  No where does it say what the birch effect is made from on Valerie's tree so I passed.  Does anyone know how they got the birch effect? Thanks

Trusted Contributor

@matty liz wrote:

I was all set to order the 5' till I saw the 8$ shipping charge

That shipping fee doesn't surprise me, when you think of the size of box alone needed to ship something 5' long.

Respected Contributor

I bought an 8’ one from Costco last year for $80. It’s been 

outside the whole year and it’s still twinkling . It looks like the same tree.

Trusted Contributor

I like the birch trees, but kept wondering why they have all the bases covered in fake snow blankets.  They are hiding all the cords, which would be distracting unless they are near an outlet.  A grouping looks best , but not with the cords hanging out.... plus it limits where you can actually position the tree.

Honored Contributor

Yes & No!  At first thought they'd be nice asa front porch scene but I'd need 2 different sizes.   plus they had "similar" trees in Hobby Lobby with twinkling lights.  There they are priced $59.99-89.99 but when they have 40% off might revisit them.

Watching these decorating shows I have dreams of grandor how beautiful it'll look...then reality sets in😉

Honored Contributor

I'm tempted, but I'm not going to pull the trigger, I already bought more than I said I would of XMAS decor this year.

Honored Contributor

They look nice and like the idea of no batteries, but at my age I don't need more "stuff."  I did get the large bronze lantern Valerie sold and it came today (finally!).  Looks nice.  Was going to put it by front door on porch to match other bronze items, but now I'm wondering if it will be knocked over or stolen.  Have to think on that one.  As far as I can see, no flaws in it even though the box was rather crushed.