Respected Contributor

I'm in and ordered them.  Even with the shipping fee it works out to be around 71 cents per bag which is okay for me.  I ordered these bags last year and we used every single one of them. 

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

This TSV is  junk.  I could never wrap my Christmas presents with these bags, etc.   When it comes to gift wrapping, I am a Martha Stewart with beautiful ribbon and decos and sometimes use tissue as wrapping but they always have beautiful ribbons.  Thought goes into wrapping a gift not throwing in a bag.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

This TSV is  junk.  I could never wrap my Christmas presents with these bags, etc.   When it comes to gift wrapping, I am a Martha Stewart with beautiful ribbon and decos and sometimes use tissue as wrapping but they always have beautiful ribbons.  Thought goes into wrapping a gift not throwing in a bag.

I think this is a little harsh.  There are people who have dexterity issues and cannot wrap.   There are people who are wrapping challenged.  Bags are a godsend.

There are also items that simply cannot be wrapped nicely because they are an odd shape. 

And there are people who just run out of time for whatever reason.  A few years ago we had an unplanned medical issue in my house. The last thing on my mind or that I had time for was gift wrapping x-mas presents.  Every single present that year was put into a gift bag.  The thought was still there in buying the gifts, I simply couldn't wrap them.    

I love a beautiful gift bag. 

Respected Contributor

Re: 7/14/17 TSV

[ Edited ]

They have been around for 31 years and they haven't failed yet.  The way we shop is changing for sure so maybe the Q  change some of their policies.  I ordered two sets of the TSV and will gleefully pay the shipping and handling because as much as I love Christmas, I HATE to wrap gifts.  This is a good value and I have ordered the bags from QVC before with no problems ripping or tearing.  Color me happy.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva,   I can't believe you say I am harsh.  It's my opinion and you have yours and turn it into I am a bad person for thinking it's junk.  How dare you add that some people can't wrap, etc.  -- that is not the subject of this thread.   I am not insensitive to people's special needs.  I have Rheumatoid Arthritis.  Lighten up.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva,   I can't believe you say I am harsh.  It's my opinion and you have yours and turn it into I am a bad person for thinking it's junk.  How dare you add that some people can't wrap, etc.  -- that is not the subject of this thread.   I am not insensitive to people's special needs.  I have Rheumatoid Arthritis.  Lighten up.

Your comment about these bags was harsh and I stand by my comment.  You are the one that said you are a Martha Stewart with wrapping and that you could never wrap like this and basically said people who throw stuff in a bag have put no thought into the wrapping.

There are people who cannot wrap for whatever reason.  That is a fact.  And these bags come in handy.  That is another fact.  

Trusted Contributor

QVC keeps bumping shipping charges up.  They bumped up once too often for me.  They've bumped me over to Amazon and Walmart for general things.  I get the items cheaper, and avoid paying shipping charges, and shipping is quicker.  Those charges add up pretty fast, and you have nothing to show for them.  I find it strange QVC feels the need to raise shipping charges when they are some of the most expensive around.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: 7/14/17 TSV

[ Edited ]

May be wrong, but Im almost positive this SAME conversation took place the last time these were offered.
S&H was @ $5.50.
But the people who buy these often swear by them...

...or was that swear AT them??

Respected Contributor

I used these last Christmas and for other occasions since. I am buying them again despite the high shipping. They are very easy to use and make wrapping fast and pretty. I would easily spend this much money on wrapping paper that would sit in a closet after 1 use then get thrown away because it yellows. These bags are worth it to me. 

Esteemed Contributor

Not thrilled with the shipping price either but I ordered them. I first used these last year and I was a bit concerned people would think what the heck? Well everyone thought these are amazing. Its not like a regular gift bag that you just open and look in, these are the closest thing to wrapping except these are not annoying and no mess of paper afterwards!. Now I did wrap clothing I bought in boxes. But everything else went in these. And they looked nice under the tree IMO!

PS I have always hated wrapping and I admit I'm not very good at it. lol. So yes I LOVE these! 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles