Honored Contributor

I bought them but my gripe about them (I buy them every year) is that they give you so many tiny bags.

Not much fits in those tiny bags.  Ugh!  I end up throwing those things away.

Honored Contributor

I forgot to say that I heard Pat say this morning that Jane wraps every Christmas gift right after she buys them. 

Wow!  I'd never have that kind of tenacity.  I'm impressed.

Contributor

I used these last year and usually everyone wants to leave the bags behind but everyone loved them so much they all took the bags home with them. They were a big hit. Wrapping was so much easier with these bags and saved me so much time. And I absolutely loved how pretty they were and how beautiful the gifts all looked in these and how much less storage the gifts took up when they were wrapped. When I told hubby they had them as todays special value he told me to order a couple of sets as he remembered how much time they saved me last year. I even told him I wasn't happy with the shipping but he reminded me how much I had spent on ribbon and bags and wrapping before I found these. So I went ahead and ordered two sets again and I know when the holidays arrive I am going to be so happy I did.

Super Contributor

I bought the ones last year and loved them.  I bought this set today.  Smiley Wink   Will buy again next year.. if they offer them.. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Daysdee I forgot about Dollar Tree.  Good idea.

Regular Contributor

It's clear to me that QVC did the math & came up with the correct answer, which = "many people will pay extra $$ for convenience."  I am sure the marketing/research/accounting experts know all the statistics and at what point they will lose what percentage of customers over the shipping fee. 

If you, like me, balked at that shipping fee and chose not to buy, you were probably not their target market because you were not willing to pay enough for convenience. :-)

Trusted Contributor

I love these bags and have ordered them in the past.  They are colorful, festive and very strong.  I love that I didn't have to get out scissors and tape.  My gift recipients loved them as well and many asked where I purchased them.

To me, they come as close to unwrapping a traditionally wrapped gift as you can get.  I've bought regular gift bags from the dollar store and have had problems with the handles coming off the bags.  Also, to me, it's not the same pulling a gift out of a gift bag...it doesn't feel like you're "unwrapping".  With these bags, you still untie a ribbon and open the bag. I used many of the bags last year for birthdays, anniversaries, and for grab bag type gifts for my Bunko group.  The small bags I used to give people gift cards...so much nicer than just putting it in a card.

This is a win/win for me...years ago I used to pride myself in my gift wrapping.  But after 30 plus years, I guess I'm tired!  The shipping didn't really bother me as it's saving my time...and my sore back, which I always end up with when I wrap the traditional way!