Esteemed Contributor

@VaBelle35, I'm definitely a "non-purist" and was planning to try the recipes mentioned on this thread in my Nesco.  The price sounds about right since I buy my meats from the butcher at our local grocery store.  Known for great meats, people come from the surrounding area: thinking perhaps I can ask them to cut off the 'skin'.

Esteemed Contributor
@Skyegirl21 wrote:

I never buy food from Q, usually way overpriced. Good ribs are easy to make. 1) cut off skin and cut into chunks,2) broil to melt away much of the fat, 3) throw in slow cooker or low in oven (300 degrees), with onion and bottle of BBQ sauce. Come out great! 

Thanks, @Skyegirl21.  Was figuring I'd have to cut if off the bone after cooking, but makes more sense to broil, then cut into chunks.  

Respected Contributor

Not the same version but my Publix sells Corky's ribs for less.  They are delicious.  I think I have found them at Walmart before too. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
My family loves them. Yes, you can bake ribs in the oven, but you’ll end up with glorified pork chops and not an authentic BBQ experience. These ribs are slow smoked. We lived in Memphis for 10 years and loved eating at Corkys. We now live in Ohio where BBQ is just bad.

The price, like most QVC foods, is comparable to take out, not buying ingredients and cooking it yourself.