Honored Contributor

Re: 6/18 Isaac Mizrahi TSV

[ Edited ]

I think the TSV price is very reasonable.  The material is cotton/modal/spandex.  Material is just as important as the style for me, and I love the pockets.   

T-shirt dresses are in practically every retail store for women's fashions, from $10 & up.  But they are definitely not all the same quality. 

Not getting the TSV because I have a couple of great t-shirt dresses with pockets already.  

Respected Contributor

I cringe when they kept saying "it's a designer" dress. It's so plain that it just doesn't seem to be all that. I understand a "designer" is selling it but seems they're dressing it up way more than necessary. It's a t-shirt dress that's available everywhere. It's an all right dress, probably something I'd wear if I was younger and in shape, but since I'd use it as a one season dress, the price seems a little high for a TSV. It does look cool and would be good to run around town in.

Esteemed Contributor

Kerstin is on right now wearing the Isaac TSV dress. And it certainly doesn't look boxy on her but it looked very boxy on Leah.  Perhaps because of their different body types.

Honored Contributor

It looks like a swimsuit cover-up that I already own.

Super Contributor

Back in the day.....

2 yards of fabric

spool of thread

pattern

Less than $10

2 hours....

SAME THING

Super Contributor

I almost lost my mind and order one. 

But then I noticed it doesn't ship until 7/17/21.  So I wouldn't receive it until Aug.  Nope.

Respected Contributor

@Steffdoggy10 wrote:
At 5’8 it’s too short for me
Color options are boring!
I just can’t believe that for a TSV there isn’t a better color selection. Otherwise, I may have purchased just for a relax around the house dress.

I don't like the colors either. They look really outdated. Those prints are garish. It also looks super shapeless and uninspiring. They are really reaching when they try to sell it as something special.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Esteemed Contributor

An easy pass.

Super Contributor

Wearing this dress to engagement party.  Will wear stockings to cover marks on my legs.  Then I'll feel confident.  Still can wear simple flat sandle.  Bought coral and green.  Hope I get in time.  Party is 7/31

Esteemed Contributor

I see he fixed the pocket problem from his last TSV dress, where many complained that the pockets stuck out.  These are sewn down.

I have a lot of his dresses and I really like this fabric.  BUT I also wish this were an inch or two longer.  The prints don't thrill me either, so it is a pass for me.  Plus, I think the scoop is too low for my comfort.  Why or Why can he not do more V neck dresses?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead