Valued Contributor

Re: $500 FOR DYSON HAIR STYLER

I would order it out of genuine curiosity as to what $500 in a hair styling tool would get me. Anyone remember the InStyler? It was the best hairstyling tool I ever bought. When they were on clearance at Amazon, I got 2 more. I was a skeptic back then, too. 🤷‍♀️

Respected Contributor

My hairdresser bought a Dyson hairdryer a couple of years ago.  She said it was $400.  She has used it on my hair a couple of times and I really don't see or feel any difference versus a "regular" hairdryer."  My hairdresser did say that the Dyson only had a 2 year warranty (may have been one year) and her other hairdryers had a four year warranty.  We both thought the Dyson warranty should be better considering the cost.

Trusted Contributor

I kind of thought the same thing but I buy pricey skincare,  Lancer, True Botanicals.  I could certainly find cheaper skincare but I keep buying what I like to use.  My hairdresser uses a Dyson dryer and I asked her about it.  She said if I had thick, unruly hair it could be good for me but I did not really need it.  I do spend a lot of money on skin care and cosmetics but I still would have a bit of trouble spending that much for a hair tool.

Respected Contributor

Anyone paying $400. To $500 for a curling iron needs to have their head examined.
Respected Contributor

I guess they didn't sell enough units since it's still available @ the TSV price.
Respected Contributor

@brandiwine: Thankfully many of us refuse to be duped. Feel bad for anyone throwing their money away. The item borders on price gouging.
Respected Contributor

@Reever Couldn't agree more.
Respected Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:
I guess they didn't sell enough units since it's still available @ the TSV price.

TSV prices have been offered for more than 24 hours for quite a while now.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

I'm aware of that, but thanks for the reminder mom2four. From my observations it seems they carry over tsv pricing when they have too many leftovers.
Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:
Anyone paying $400. To $500 for a curling iron needs to have their head examined.

@Reever and your comment is just rude and unnecessary.

It's not anyone's business how someone chooses to spend their money.