Respected Contributor

Re: $50.00 for Fake Flowers???

Anything with free S&H to Alaska is worth a second look.  We have 20 hours of daylight in the summer so decorative solar and light decor can't be enjoyed for very long.

Secondly, it is too symmetrical.  One strand of wisteria on each side. 

not natural looking to me.  Pass.

Honored Contributor

You can fill a small hanging basket with real plants for $10 or so.  Why would you want fake?

Respected Contributor

Sorry, but they didn't look too great to me. The price isn't that bad if they looked more real. I was in a Hobby Lobby recently. They have some gorgeous fake flowers that look so real!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

IMO the price isn't terrible, but isn't wonderful, either. 

I just watched the presentation with Rick, and the one thing that really stood out to me was that the flowers in the top part of the basket seemed short and insignificant when compared with the bolder presence of the wisteria hanging down over the sides.  This was observed when the camera viewed the basket from the side, not with the top tipped toward the camera.  Maybe I am the only person who thinks this, but I feel that they could've looked a little better in that respect. 

Honored Contributor

I was in Michaels all the floral arrangements were 50% off and the hanging baskets were beautiful & full (both with greenery & florals). I thought immediately of purchasing one and if I wanted it lit I would use my BL microlight strands (bought during Christmas season) to illuminate it.

I didn't purchase but price was good & designer in our local store does a great job!

Frequent Contributor

Personally, this item is not my style.  The combination of flowers don't really look like anything that would be put together in an arrangement of real plants & flowers.  I prefer real flowers and I enjoy tending to them.  However, it's evident by the number of people who have responded favorably that this item serves a purpose for many people...which is great.  We all have different tastes...how boring would it be if we all liked the same thing??  Happy shopping!!

Honored Contributor

I would have considered purchasing two, to put out under my covered porch in winter, to brighten up the dreary landscape. But when l realized that it would have cost about $110 when adding tax, it was a "no" for me.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Trusted Contributor

@Girlboss wrote:

Personally, this item is not my style.  The combination of flowers don't really look like anything that would be put together in an arrangement of real plants & flowers.  I prefer real flowers and I enjoy tending to them.  However, it's evident by the number of people who have responded favorably that this item serves a purpose for many people...which is great.  We all have different tastes...how boring would it be if we all liked the same thing??  Happy shopping!!

I disliked the style as well...it looked rather cheap if that's the word I'm thinking of...or maybe it's just the type of flowers they chose for that tsv, the flowers hanging over the basket and the leaves and other flowers set up in it to me looked cheesy.

I love my faux lighted purple petunias from a very long time ago I bought on here. I'd but them again. Simply beautiful...not a mishmash of other florals to I feel ruin the simplicity of the basket.

I did like the coco hanger that was in this recent tsv but could not buy it sadly but wanted a diff style so bad!

I am taking my purple petunias out from my basement now that I see this post.

I forgot all about it for 2 years!!! but enjoy seeing it under my portico at night when I remembered....it makes me smile seeing the lights at night and it is soooo real looking and was not nearly 50.00.

I hope others love theirs...they do bring light to our lives Smiley Happy!!!

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

'You know', I was thinking the same (as some here), but didn't want to sound negative at the time.  Seemed rather high-priced.  Maybe a decent price for two of them, though.....Well, it's a matter of whether or not customers have several floral/craft stores near their homes, which I do.  Several, in fact.  Well, whoever/whomever ordered them, enjoy them. Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).