Trusted Contributor

I can't believe the price. LOL

Regular Contributor

Re: $50.00 for Fake Flowers???

I agree. I almost considered it but not enough lights, the lights appear to be opaque not clear and the hanging wires don't seem to be detachable. Some of the greenery looks too fake for my taste as well. I have a feeliing that the battery box is easily visible by just looking down into the piece. Not a problem if hanging for its main purpose but probably distracting if choosing to display this in the home without it hanging.

Honored Contributor

First, we COULD refer to this as "artificial" flowers. "Fake" implies an attempt to fool or defraud. I seriously doubt that anyone is attempting to do that, no matter how inexpensive or expensive we consider the purchase price. 

Second, a poster who has had them for a while has indicated that they've lasted for four years for her, so for $13/year I can live with it. I don't think "natural" flowers + lights could be bought for $13 per year.

I like the way they look, and they would be perfect on my front porch.

I have to figure out what color would work best for me, and I think I'll go for one or maybe two.

Contributor

I bought these years ago and had them outside and they held up and looked beautiful but now I need to order more as the birds have liked the straw in the bottom however, yes this does sound pricey, but go to local arts bad craft store, thus would cost way more and not as made as well.  For long time investment these are worth every penny IMOP.  I don't have to water and spend a lot of money on real flowers and I will get my use and save money in long run.  I love these and glad to see they are back.

Respected Contributor

@Calcgirl wrote:

I can't believe the price. LOL

I bet you couldn't recreate that at Michaels even with coupons.  

Honored Contributor

Shop around for a similar item of really pretty faux flower baskets of this size.  This TSV price is quite good.

It's lovely, but I actually do not like lights in my flowers.  I've never understood that pairing -- lights in flower arrangements. 

Honored Contributor

LED Lighted Morning Glory Hanging Flower Basket

$14.99 @ collection etc-

I think almost $60.00 is ridiculous too!

or easily make our own!

I don't know where they come up with these prices!

And yes you could find them at Michaels for less.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Go to Gumps.com or neimanmarcus.com and look at the price of faux flowers. Of course I do not know what the TSV looks like in person but really nice faux flowers do cost.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry @on the bay but I think those look like they would be $14.99, not something I would buy.  I looked all last spring, for hanging baskets and $50.00 plus is about the norm for a large, full life-like basket. So I think this is a pretty good price. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@on the bay wrote:

LED Lighted Morning Glory Hanging Flower Basket

@$14.99 @ collection etc-

I think almost $60.00 is ridiculous too!

or easily make our own!

I don't know where they come up with these prices!

And yes you could find them at Michaels for less.

I'm sure we can find floral hanging baskets for a lot less money.  But similar in size and quality, I still think $50 is a good, competitive price for what you're getting.  The one referenced above says it's 8" diameter on their website.  The TSV is 20" diameter, with much fuller and better looking flowers.