Honored Contributor

I would never buy a 400 dollar hair dryer, I love to shop and have been accused of having more money than brains.LOL I'm not judging how any one spends their money, I guess if you think the 400 dollar hair dryer makes your hair look better, that's all that matters. 

Respected Contributor

For those who own this and like it, wonderful.  

My hair dries quickly with my cheapo dryer, so I don't think it would be a wise purchase for me.  

IMO, this item would be great for professionals who do blow outs all day, every day. 

Valued Contributor

MAJOR rip-off. I NEVER blow dry my hair - always air dry. My hair is healthy, shiny, and thick. Don't need gimmacks to have great hair.

Super Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

$12.00 hair dryer.......blows hot air to dry your hair.

$400.00 hair dryer.............blows hot air to dry your hair.

Hahahaha so true! They are really putting on the hard sell like I have never seen before. Testimonials, personal stories, no advanced orders, only thousands left......

I’m sure it’s a great hair dryer, just not for me.

Honored Contributor

I have "good" hair.  Meaning lots of body, thick, dry and straight hair. I just have a regular hair blower and it drys in under 10 minutes.  It's chin length. Wear it as a bob.  So I really don't need the Dyson.  If my hair was past my shoulders, well I could see getting it. 

One way to break down the cost would be getting rid of the diffuser.  You don't need it for short hair at all.  Just keep one attachment.  Get rid of the hair products.  You have gels and mousse already.  The bonus items are a waste.

Honored Contributor

I'm surprised that for the price it dosen't have dual voltage.  If you want your hair to look great and are willing to spend the money for that, wouldn't you want your hair to look great while traveling overseas too?

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

I'm surprised that for the price it dosen't have dual voltage.  If you want your hair to look great and are willing to spend the money for that, wouldn't you want your hair to look great while traveling overseas too?

@haddon9 Maybe others are like me. I don't take a hairdryer when I travel, whether it is for a weekend or six weeks. Every hotel I have stayed in has a hairdryer, so there is no need for me to have mine take up space in my suitcase.

Respected Contributor

I have a Conair I bought over ten years ago I rarely use. I have very short hair and I just let it air dry unless I do finger waves for special occasions, and then I use the dryer to set my hair after putting wrapping lotion in it. So this would be a complete waste of money for me. 

Super Contributor
@hopi
You are correct. It is the older model! I went to the Dyson site and the newer model has 4 heat settings, not 3. Improvements to the magnetic attachments to stop them from coming off so easily. Ordered the new model at $399. Can’t wait to get it!
Contributor

It might be the greatest thing since sliced bread but no way would I ever spend that much money for a hairdryer.  Dyson products are way out of price range.