Honored Contributor

Re: $29.94 for a Tee Shirt - Are You Kidding Me?

[ Edited ]

Pima and modal are both higher end fabrications for tee shirts but I still would not pay $30.00 or more for a tee shirt - I don't care who's name is on it.  I do think pima and modal is too heavy a weight for spring/summer shirts however.  I certainly don't want to wear something this heavy in 80-90 degrees!

My gripe is that they make tee shirts way too long.  Especially when they use a heavy wght fabric like this AND they're this long it's virtually impossible to tuck inside a light wght pr of pants, shorts, skirts.  It's too much bulk around the waistline, it's too bunchy, too long, the shirt doesn't lay flat underneath. 

AND NO I do not want to always HAVE TO wear them out and not be able to tuck in if I so choose.  So more you you but not for me.  He also did not offer many colors either which surprises me.

Frequent Contributor

I don't think it's too expensive for pina cotton with a rounded hem. free shipping is nice and if you get another one it would be $25.  I'm trying 2, I'm a bit worried about the neckline. If its too high I will return them.  

Frequent Contributor

PS - I get LL Bean's Pima cotton tees, they aren't too heavy for summer and are a similar price. Pina is very smooth. Again, I think it's worth trying them. 

Respected Contributor

I like the shape of this tee but the neckline is too  high.  I like Pima cotton too.  LLBean tees are too boxy for me.  And I agree - I have often thought that when Isaac is talking about his items he acts like he's never seen them/knows nothing about them.

Honored Contributor

I'm still trying to figure out why the model in the pink skirt in the video has the shirt tucked in in the front, but left it hanging out in the back??

That just looks silly to me. Tuck in or leave out, not 1/2 in & 1/2 out, IMO.

I would also prefer true short sleeves, not cap sleeves.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

So just purchase your T-shirts where you want, at the price you want.  Why take time out to bash something that's not your choice?

Honored Contributor

Pima can be found at a better price, Lands End has it for one. At 30 percent off sales sometimes. I'm sure higher end stores do sometimes as well, on sale.

I would never wear that Isaac t, they are cap sleeves. Not with my upper arms, no way no how.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Trusted Contributor

Back to my Talbots's tshirts which are Pima cotton!
Esteemed Contributor

Crew neck, very short sleeves makes this a NO for me at any price. I don't think the tee is doing anything for the models, either and I am no model!

Honored Contributor

I'm not buying because I don't like the sleeve length. I prefer L.L. Bean pima cotton tees.