Trusted Contributor

Re: $29.94 for a Tee Shirt - Are You Kidding Me?

Talbots has their Tee-shirt made of Pima Cotton on sale for $18.37, plus you can get 25% off your total order right now......just checked for reference. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think it looks flattering on most of the models. It seems to cling to the middle and the bust area. I noticed on Carolyn that it was ill fitting. I would be hesitant to order because the sizing seems to be off. I like the tucking of a tee shirt or a blouse in the front of the pants and leaving the back hanging. It looks really fresh. As far as the price, I think it would have been worth it if the style were different. I do not like the cap sleeves. Also, they do not offer petites.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Three or four years ago, I saw Eileen Fisher cotton tee shirt for $150.00.  I would gladly pay $29.94 if the sleeves were a little longer on this TSV.  You could probably find them cheaper but I like the curved hem on this shirt.  Most places I shop offer tee shirts for at least $25.00 and up.  I buy cotton tee shirts at Walmart just to wear around the house and do yard work but they aren't as nice.  I use to buy pima cotton tee shirts by Liz Claiborne years and years ago and they are absolutely the best.  Never lose their shape, never pill and if you avoid the dryer, the color will last as well. 

Honored Contributor

I have 2 of his tee shirts I bought last season and they wear like iron and look  and fit great. I did buy another today, but only  because of the free S&H.

Regular Contributor

This T-shirt is the embodiment of the old adage, "You get what you pay for!"  I have purchased 5 different styles of tees from Isaac's line.  I have two styles that are the regular cotton.  They are quite nice and hold their color better than other brands.  His pima cotton is such a step above regular cotton.  I just purchased 2 of the new TSV and would have bought all of the colors if it was in my budget.  Pima cotton is far superior to other cotton fabrications.  Everything that Isaac said is true.  I have purchased pima cotton from a particular mail order company.  Even though it was pima cotton, it was thinner.  Isaac's pima cotton has wonderful color saturation and it does not fade.  It is worth every penny.  I save the pima cotton tees to wear when I am out and about.  The other cotton T-shirts i wear around the house.  So--in answer to your question, "No, I'm not kidding you!"  You should do yourself a favor and try at least one of the pima cotton tee.  By the way, Isaac's tees are the only thing that I wear from his line.  They are worth the money and I have not been sorry that I spent more on a tee shirt from him.  I truly got what I paid for!!!

Honored Contributor

Between running errands walking household chores. I watched off and on TSV on every body type there is. Decided speaking only for myself not for me. To long for one thing, Neck is off looking?! Not sure what it is? Not feeling it, Thats all I know. Finally, Do understand pima but! Looks awfully bulky. "When in doubt do without" Mantra.

Super Contributor

LL Bean sells their pima cotton tees in a variety of styles, some up to $7 cheaper than the TSV and always free s&h. And they have longevity on their side, too.

Contributor

WHEN will Isaac stop making his t-shirts with the miserable crew necklines?????  I would have paid the price for a high quality fabric with quality construction and a good fit,  but these boyish necklines do NOTHING to flatter my figure. In fact, they make me look HORRIBLE.  QVC Buyers, I realize you have your guidlines for neckline drop and I'm not one that wants to show my clevage, but these crew necklines  are stopping me from buying and I'm sure there's many more like me that wou;d love to buy more tops from QVC

Honored Contributor

@Caffeina wrote:

Why are they calling it a pima cotton shirt if it's only 80% pima?

@caffeine  Shirts are are a high percentage of Pima can use that designation.  If they are 100%, they carry the name Supima.  Remember these names when shopping for cotton sheets.  Things made from this long staple cotton are so soft and silky.  And it's grown in the USA. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've bought beautiful Pima cotton shirts and tshirts from LL Bean for $14 on sale!!!!'  Excellent quality. If I wanted IM I'd buy on eBay for cheap.  

I read on these boards that he is the spokesperson for the line.