Super Contributor

Re: 2017 St Patrick's Day TSV sweater?

Interestingly, most Waterford is not made in Ireland anymore, but in Czech Republic,and other countries.

Honored Contributor

@ctinaw wrote:

Weird that QVC is dipping into waterford. I'm not wowed by this price - evine has great deals on waterford.

The quality is not the same from Evine.

Frequent Contributor

Evine sells a lot of really low end stuff. A lot of crystalline and iffy designs. I stopped buying anything from them. I did receive TSV hurricane and it is lovely. 

Contributor

Evine sells beautiful things. There is no low end about it.!You also end up with fantastic prices. Look forward to Jorge coming every few months and explaining the details on the items. They even have remote locations from the factory. They really do up the Waterford and it's very very good pricing.

Contributor

True, evine has good prices on Waterford that is NOT made in Ireland.  If you look at the description for where it's made, most of the "cheap" Waterford is made in Slovenia. The high end ($400 + up) pieces are made in Waterford, Ireland.  I know it sounds bad, but I am a self professed Waterford snob and I only buy Irish made Waterford crystal.  If this hurricane lamp is Irish made Waterford, it is an extremely good price.  

Honored Contributor

I got the pre-sale email for this Waterford TSV.  I checked to see where it was made...says it's MADE IN IRELAND.

Contributor

If it's made in Ireland I'll have to have a lot of self control!

Honored Contributor

Me too @mom43. I just recently found out through ancestry DNA that I'm part Irish! I never knew it. I think I may need to celebrate.Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

The TS is a nice piece,

and different from the usual sweaters 

Trusted Contributor

I really love this lamp and am having trouble not purchasing...it's really elegant, really great price and I want it. I only have a few Waterford items and I cherish them.