Trusted Contributor

$179 a gram as a TSV, really?

14 k gold shouldn't be any more than $40-80 a gram. This is double that and so very thin for 1.1 grams. Not a good Value at all.

Respected Contributor

Re: $179 a gram as a TSV, really?

There is always a difference in cost between buying gold wholesale or for scrap, and purchasing new designs and products.

Additionally this item is from Italy, and Italian gold is usually the highest priced.

I think the necklace is very trendy, but the chain looks a bit thin, and cannot be removed.

I shop these more economical pieces for my nieces and SILs.  I am waiting to see the little gold inital earrings.

Finding bargains in gold jewelry is a bit more difficult these days.  I never purchase gold jewelry for the "value"--I just like the way that gold shines and never tarnishes!

Trusted Contributor

$80 is Not a wholesale, meltdown price. The bangle that was the third  item on todays show is 7 g for $379 or $75 a gram. See why the TSV is not a good value? But you are correct--if you like it, the cost is secondary.

Respected Contributor

At 1.1 grams that necklace will break if you look at it cross-eyed. Not a good value at any price. I could never be a salesperson and gush over something I thought was junk.

Respected Contributor

5.50 for shipping -- come on!

The chain is tiny 

oh yeah buy 3 so you can spell dog Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

The pieces are so flimsy-looking.    I'll pass.

Respected Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

5.50 for shipping -- come on!

The chain is tiny 

oh yeah buy 3 so you can spell dog Smiley LOL

That was very funny! 😂

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Super Contributor

Very difficult to get a good deal on gold anymore.  40 or 50 years ago I could go into a major department store in the city and with sale days or coupons get a good deal.  The local jeweler or reputable city jewelers would usually give a good buy to repeat or loyal customers.  Not so much anymore.  Bought many pieces at QVC for years and still have some and very good quality.  I have a difficult time fastening now so had big lobster claw catches put on favorites or sent lots to hospital thrift shops.  I have not been impressed with reviews of jewelry lately on here for my granddaughters so pass.

Super Contributor

This TSV is an easy pass for me.  I agree the price is just too high for what you are getting.

Respected Contributor

The gold will bend and scratch in no time.  Very cheap.  So glad I have some of my mom's gold pieces and Q pieces from the past when they were truely worth the money.  I have a 16 g. bracelet from one of the other channels (years ago) that I bought for $150.  Now that was a deal!!