Super Contributor

Re: 12 hours of cookies11111

I'm sending these to my daughter in college.  She won't be able to come home for Easter, so I love the Spring theme on the box - even if she and her roomies only enjoy it for a short time and then recycle it.  The TSV has a good variety too, so something for everyone.

Honored Contributor

The tin box is beautiful, but I'm not at all impressed with the cookie selection in this TSV.  I would have preferred more of the butter cream topped cookies.  Only 12 of the 36 have butter cream.  I heard Rachel this morning say you can get your own butter cream icing if you like to top the other cookies.  Really?  I'm sure I can.

My own experience with Cheryl's chocolate chip and oatmeal cookies is that they are dry and ordinary tasting, at best.  But I do like the butter cream cookies (when they are fresh) very, very much.

Honored Contributor

These cookies aren't  even good either. They used to be when Cheryl's first started a lot of years ago but no more. There's a Cheryl's very close to us so I know how good these were. Now these are like anybody's sugar cookies.

Frequent Contributor

I don't understand who would pay $40 for three dozen cookies.  I feel like their market must be companies/corporations that want to send gifts to vendors, etc. That's how I've received them before. Or of course people where money is no object! Guess I'll be watching Netflix today.

Honored Contributor

@Equuleus wrote:

Do you know how QVC works.  TSV all day.  Why complain about something you know.  Not everyone watches the same time during the day.  They are just covering all the time they can to sell.  It's what they do.

If you need to be entertained all day, there is plenty of other programming, TVs, etc.

Really ? Other programming you say ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper   I could be wrong, but I think that is a cardboard box, not tin.

the cookies,with frosting look like the ones you buy at Walmart or my local Giant Grocery stores.  I have never tasted Cheryl's cookies or Walmart's so I can't  comment on the taste.

But I can say they are a lot of money for only three dozen cookies.  Give me an hour of two and I can whip up four different cookies types and have dozens for less than the price of the TSV.

I have no clue why cookies are so expensive, not just on QVC, but elsewhere as well.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Thank you @Carmie !  I looked at the lack of buttercream and didn't even realize the box was cardboard.  

Respected Contributor

These cookies, like most food at the Q, are very overpriced. I was wondering what do they do with all the cookies they break for the presentation? They were busting up a whole bunch of biscotti too. Does all this ruined food get eaten by someone or just trashed? 

Trusted Contributor

And IMOP they are just awful !  One of the worst cookie's I'v ever eaten.  Someone brought in a box of them to my work place at Christmas and I though oh great now I can try them, what a dissapointment !  They are far too sweet, I don't think I have even tasted any other cookie like them and I don't mean that in a good way.  I'm surprised QVC can't find a better cookie to sell.   But of course, LOL, as in everything it's all a matter of taste.  .  

Super Contributor

I have tried this cookies several times and they just aren’t that good in my opinion and one can get similar at the grocery store for less.  Even for me, someone who loves sweets, these were too sweet and just not good quality.  It has been a few years since I have had them so maybe they have improved since then but I just don’t think it is worth the $$$.

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.