Super Contributor

Re: AA Batteries, has anyone tried the Harbor Freight batteries? My son had me buy a pack of 24 for around $5 with a coupon, and he says they're quite good (he can be very particular). I got the 9Vs for smoke alarms, will be interested to see how they last.

Only have 3 flameless candles, and haven't lit them yet, but may try HF batteries in them.

Valued Contributor

What would everyone like to see in a Luminara TSV? 

Last year I think they were scented and everyone complained about that.  Now they're too expensive and have glitter on them.  

I sometimes feel the wax ones don't look as pretty and kinda dull.

I do feel they are more expensive this year but probably because of the glitter/broken glass.

I would love to get some of the tapers but talk about expensive!!!!!

My Luminara TSV would be a variety of sizes with some texture to the candle so it doesn't look too waxy. I know they sell all one size to have more sales but I cannot afford to buy more than one. I did order the champagne 7" ones since I do think they are nice looking and even with the glitter, just beautiful.

We spend so much money on cosmetics and face creams that we use up and order more.  These candles will last much longer and even if you don't use the timer, these candles will look great in all our Holiday decor.

Respected Contributor

These candles will look great when paired with that awful Santa's Best Christmas tree.   

Both are just so incredibly tacky.

Esteemed Contributor

@summerwind

We have in the past been able to get their batteries for free.

Look for their free coupons for batteries, flashlights, headlights etc, when you purchase anything else. They have some good deals there.

Super Contributor

@threecees, thanks, I will look for that! I'm new to them, but my son has been a fan for some time, and often gets freebees. I recently got a decent tape measure, my old one broke years ago, and he has several of same, all free.  Keeps us going back lol.

He's an all-purpose handyman, so shops there a lot. Such a friendly store, too, at least in our town.

Respected Contributor

For my money, the Candle Impressions brand is far superior to Luminara.  This is just my experience.  I have owned several Luminara candles in the past three or four years and every single one of the stopped working within a few months.  Nope, it wasn't the battery.

The flameless Candle Impressions I purchased years ago from QVC are still working.  Every single one of them.  They don't have the flicker feature nor the half melted wax look which I don't care for anyway.  JMO.

Honored Contributor

I like some Luminara candles, but these just are way over the top for my taste.  Very disappointed.  Tacky......well, yes, I guess they are (IMHO).

Super Contributor

I have only been with Luminara for a year (since the Nov '16 TSV) since then I have invested in a ton of them. I have not had one fail yet and I have every kind, the outdoor, votives, small thin ones, and candles of every size. They are inside and outside I am more than pleased with them and would have probably bought a couple of colors but I like mixed sizes and I am not willing to spend that kind of money this time of year. 

As a side note...does anyone have any ideas on what to do with all the extra remotes? I currently have 27 extra remotes LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@ChrissyKR, I was just thinking that with fewer remotes the price would be even better, but if you wanted to give them as individual gifts or place them in different rooms, that wouldn't be very convinient. I guess they include them for all possibilites. At least if you lose some you're still okay, lol! 

I guess I'm the outsider as I think they're are a great price and I sure don't think they're tacky. Plain & dull? No. Sparkly and beautiful? Yes.

Alberti said he paid $89 for one Luminara...now THAT's expensive! Twenty-two to Twenty-five dollars for these, with the beautiful tumbled glass that does not transfer, along with a remote for each seems very reasonable to me. 

I understand sparkle & shine isn't for everyone, and I get that, but it is for me and the more the better. My motto--More is More! I wouldn't put these away after the holidays either (unless it was a red/green combo). These are absolutely gorgeous! 

Super Contributor

@ChrissyKR wrote:

I have only been with Luminara for a year (since the Nov '16 TSV) since then I have invested in a ton of them. I have not had one fail yet and I have every kind, the outdoor, votives, small thin ones, and candles of every size. They are inside and outside I am more than pleased with them and would have probably bought a couple of colors but I like mixed sizes and I am not willing to spend that kind of money this time of year. 

As a side note...does anyone have any ideas on what to do with all the extra remotes? I currently have 27 extra remotes LOL

@ChrissyKR - Wow, 27 extra remotes!  Guess you never have to worry about losing one.  I bet your house looks amazing with all those candles!  Some day I hope and would love to have some of the large outdoor Luminara lanterns for my front porch.