Respected Contributor

Nice but I don’t see the “ special value”...  Wayyyyy too pricey.

Respected Contributor

I own 1 red 5" glitter candle from yrs back....Jill said she was the inspiration for it as she had taken her plain ivory ones and covered them in glitter and showed the rep so they made some like hers back then.  Anyway, if you touch it you get some on your fingers...not a big deal to me. 

But here is what I found to be a problem...since the candle is not smooth it is difficult to clean....keep dust free....I did/do gently attempt to clean it and it did work but then my microfiber cloth has glitter on it and it's not a great way of doing things.

These new one from the video appears to be different...cut glass they said...didn't look to come off on the hands BUT how do I keep it clean/dust free??  

I do think the price is high...should have been $20 cheaper for sure...especially since the market is flooded with flameless candles and price points aren't that crazy.  I am a Costco member so I will be checking out their offerings (thanks to poster who let me know about them!) 

I do like the look as I love sparkle for sure....all the colors are pretty but well not sure there seems to be some negatives to investing in these.

Trusted Contributor

I don’t know, I’m on the fence....quite pricey, but I love  the chocolate for year round...she said the glitter isn’t craft store glitter, it’s more like a cut glass.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

@Karie2022 wrote:

I don’t know, I’m on the fence....quite pricey, but I love  the chocolate for year round...she said the glitter isn’t craft store glitter, it’s more like a cut glass.

True @Karie2022.  I wrote this is a different thread about this TSV.

The vendor said it's not typical glitter.  It's actually fine glass with a protective coating, similar to the process for drusey jewelry.  Not the kind of stuff that gets all over everything.  If this is true, that's great, however...

I love Luminara candles so much; the champagne color is beautiful.  I would be interested, except... these are very expensive, in my opinion for a TSV.  It's boasted with fantastic battery life, but they each take 2 D batteries.  Why can't they really improve battery life without going to the expensive D batteries?  I am so tired of all of my Luminara candles requiring so many different batteries -- AA, C, and D.  No thanks.

Super Contributor

I think they are lovely candles.  I don't like glitter because of the mess, but I think this would work.  If the price was lower I would be set. It seems like most of the TSVs lately have been very expensive.  It would have been nice to offer these at an each price, and a discount for those that want more.  Expecially since this is a new item. 

Honored Contributor

Re: 11/14/17 Luminara TSV

[ Edited ]

I got a flyer from Bath Bed & Beyond showing various sizes of Luminara - not showing glitter style.  The votives are $39.99/2.

The others range from $29.99-39.99/each.  The flyer shows the taper style also.

there is 20% coupons or $5 coupons always in my mail almost every other day! Plus they never expire.

I tried the Kohls new version of "matchless" candles & honestly, the battery life didn't last for me.

Also, JMO if the candles are in lanterns or on pedestals - To me doesn't really make any difference is they "flicker" like luminara, the Mirage wick doesn't "move" but you get the same effect.

Trusted Contributor

Re: 11/14/17 Luminara TSV

[ Edited ]

reading thru the comments so far here....

*too expensive

*i get the best deals on batteries on Ebay and Amazon.  Dollar store AA's ok for some items but not all. 

*I use the brush attachment on my vacuum to "dust"

*the "glitter" is polished faceted glass

I love the Candle Impression brand 

I just put my harvest decorations away yesterday and did a quick vac before going into a new clean plastic bag, labeled "mantel fall", "dining table fall"  etc.  Ready for next year.

That probably sounds like a lot of work for some but I do when in the mood, and I have fun!  LOL!

Super Contributor

Too expensive!

Trusted Contributor

Too expensive!! And I'm getting really tired of all the battery-operated stuff around the house. I spend a fortune in batteries for the candles and decorations, especially when an item requires more than battery at a time. Starting to pare down the collection...

Valued Contributor

sorry that is why over priced?