Honored Contributor

10/19 TSV - Duraflame Heater info posted...

[ Edited ]

Item # V36497...

Not for us...

We still love ours from about 6+ years ago. The fireplace heater we have is up on tall legs and I like the log/flame effect, the screen on front/sides and the double doors. We also like the height of it...31".

All the Duraflame heaters lately have been squatty every year since we had bought ours...usually averaging only 25-28" in height. The framework on this new heater adds inches to the height, but the heater itself is still a VERY squatty 21.5".

For those interested...enjoy! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: 10/19 TSV - Duraflame Heater info posted...

I wouldn't have this fireplace style heater.  I have a gas log fireplace, I want a heater to put in front of it.  I have a cute aqua heater from several years ago which will trudge on.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Agree.  Much too small.  No dark wood offered.  Heating element a distraction at the top of the unit.

I do like it has crackling, but I hear it is repeated at short intervals, easily recognizable it's being replayed and becomes annoying; although it can be turned off on this one.  

Esteemed Contributor

I was looiking at it too. Its only 21.5 inches tall. Thats not even 2 feet. I saw much taller ones at my local hardware store for around that price. So that is too much money for such a small heater. (we have 2 of the orginal non mantel ones and we like them but I wanted a "tall" one that looks like a mantel) Wont be purchasing this one due to height.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

@Shorty2U wrote:

I was looiking at it too. Its only 21.5 inches tall. Thats not even 2 feet. I saw much taller ones at my local hardware store for around that price. So that is too much money for such a small heater. (we have 2 of the orginal non mantel ones and we like them but I wanted a "tall" one that looks like a mantel) Wont be purchasing this one due to height.

Yet another "fail" from QVC. What are the buyers thinking?  This is looking to be the worst Holiday season yet at the Q.  Feel bad for the people who are left there as I fear job cuts are coming. 

Contributor

I agree about the heating element at the top.  That is a real miss imo. On one hand,  they're trying to make it look & sound as realistic as possible and then the heating element is placed right at eye-level at the top of the unit.  That's distracting and takes away from the ambience they're trying to create.  We have a Duraflame that's about 5 years old & will just stick with that one. Good news - I've saved money.

Honored Contributor

I think the Duraflame heaters are really cute..All of styles are nice.  Even though most of them are small, they do take up a lot of space that you may not have.

We have a Lasco ceramic tower heater that we bought while snowbirding in Florida.  It takes up very little space and works very well.  We love it.  It doesn't have a fancy flame, but it works and was way less expensive.

We use it in our RV as the only source of heat.  It's way cheaper to use this than propane plus electric RV furnace.

Respected Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Agree.  Much too small.  No dark wood offered.  Heating element a distraction at the top of the unit.

I do like it has crackling, but I hear it is repeated at short intervals, easily recognizable it's being replayed and becomes annoying; although it can be turned off on this one.  

@Foxxee 

Just caught the show and was horrified at that weird heating element at the top. At first I thought it was my eyes.

Who would spoil the enchantment of a flaming fire log with a modern misplaced off-center heating element at the top?

Obviously some genius was thinking "get the heat up higher" but missed, apparently, the whole point of the flickering flamesl

*sigh

Super Contributor

I have two of the older ones plus one of the large candle 'lantern' versions. use and love them all. I have Alexa play'fireplace sounds'. 

this new one looks awful to me: the heat is off-set and ruins the look of the flames. why did they design it this way? past reviews were negative about heat coming out of the top. I also don't like the versions that show the temp; another distraction from the 'fireplace' look. 

would order one more if/when I see a design I like. and its not this version. sorry, a total miss. bet they do not sell many. too bad; otherwise a great product. 

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

@Foxxee 

Just caught the show and was horrified at that weird heating element at the top. At first I thought it was my eyes.

Who would spoil the enchantment of a flaming fire log with a modern misplaced off-center heating element at the top?

Obviously some genius was thinking "get the heat up higher" but missed, apparently, the whole point of the flickering flamesl

*sigh

@1Professor 

Any HVAC techician will tell us "heat rises", the reason why they put heating vents and electric baseboard heaters along the baseboards.  It keeps the floor area and feet warm.  

But, a few people complained they couldn't feel heat coming from the heaters, so Duraflame changed the configuration.