Honored Contributor

@judahsma wrote:

Reasonable or not, if this is how someone prefers to spend their money, that's their business.  Lots of people have an affinity for certain items and end up collecting way more than they need. If they have the money to do it, no one has the right to tell them they shouldn't.  I personally love Temp-tations. I saw this picture on Facebook too, and although I was taken aback, it made me smile that this lady loves Temp-tations so much that she does use all these pieces. She changes out for seasons and holidays.  Who cares if it gets dusty? Everything gets dusty when it sits. Just wash it and continue.

OP, I would be careful about reposting other peoples' personal photos though.  Sometimes people get funny about it when they find out their photo was posted somewhere they didn't intend by someone that wasn't them. 

generally when people post these photos, if they want them private, they keep their pages private or for a special audience only. this is an open page on facebook (that has been shared on other facebook pages) and you dont even have to "like" the page to be able to see what is on it. i could have posted just the link to her page, but some people dont want to go on facebook. if it was a private page, i would not have posted the photos.

again, if anyone wants to see more of her photos with her temptations in use on the table,  you can go to THE STONEWARE STASH on facebook.

...on a side note.....the same woman has written a book about her battle with leukemia. she really is a brave, inspiring woman full of positive spirit and energy.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

thank you @sunshine45 for sharing the site. I absolutely love and enjoy how beautiful my table / kitchen decor looks with my temptations.....but now that I saw her pics I'm so "tempted"😏 To buy some spring colors vs. boring ole blues!

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for taking time to post the pictures.  Occassionally I have seen Temptations at the Good Will and not one or two pieces but an entire collection.  I have been tempted but I think I will stick with the white stone ware.  I am running out of room.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 @judahsma

Fyi: I rec'd a reply from Nicole (Temptation lady) so pleasant. She told me she's been collecting for 5 years and enjoys displaying and using every piece.

so, I know she didn't mind pic was reposted. She's very proud to share her passion for Temptations!

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@judahsma wrote:

Reasonable or not, if this is how someone prefers to spend their money, that's their business.  Lots of people have an affinity for certain items and end up collecting way more than they need. If they have the money to do it, no one has the right to tell them they shouldn't.  I personally love Temp-tations. I saw this picture on Facebook too, and although I was taken aback, it made me smile that this lady loves Temp-tations so much that she does use all these pieces. She changes out for seasons and holidays.  Who cares if it gets dusty? Everything gets dusty when it sits. Just wash it and continue.

OP, I would be careful about reposting other peoples' personal photos though.  Sometimes people get funny about it when they find out their photo was posted somewhere they didn't intend by someone that wasn't them. 

generally when people post these photos, if they want them private, they keep their pages private or for a special audience only. this is an open page on facebook (that has been shared on other facebook pages) and you dont even have to "like" the page to be able to see what is on it. i could have posted just the link to her page, but some people dont want to go on facebook. if it was a private page, i would not have posted the photos.

again, if anyone wants to see more of her photos with her temptations in use on the table,  you can go to THE STONEWARE STASH on facebook.

...on a side note.....the same woman has written a book about her battle with leukemia. she really is a brave, inspiring woman full of positive spirit and energy.

This woman has had a tremendous battle and I've been following her story for quite sometime.

If this is what makes her happy and brings joy to her life so be it. 

I have a collection to rival hers easily, and wouldn't apologize to anyone for how I've spent my money. Others do this with shoes, or handbags or beauty products, and most don't condemn.

This collector is now working with the new business Tara is starting up called Tara At Home, a home party line of stoneware, similar to Tupperware parties etc.

Contributor

I for one am jealous! I wish I had this kind of space for my temp-tations pieces. I guess its a good thing I don't otherwise I would probably spend WAAAY too much!!! lol!Smiley Very Happy

Regular Contributor

Thank you Sunshine45 for sharing an interesting display of dishes. I always enjoy seeing what others are doing.