Esteemed Contributor

I love my collection of ramekins - and dishware - and bakers/bowls with lid-its.

I find them to be versatile and useful.  You?

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Re: Your Favorite Temp-tations

Oops.gif

Thought this post was about something else.  My bad. 

Carry on....

*slinking out of thread*

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Regular Contributor

e: Your Favorite Temp-tations

[ Edited ]

@Sweetbay magnolia

I have several sets. My favorite of the Old World collection is the very first I purchased, back in 2013. It was a HUGE set comprised of rectangular pcs. It had 1 large rectangular casserole with a liddit. Then there was a smaller rectangular pc, 2 meatloaf bakers, and 4 square ramekins. All came with matching colored plastic storage lids. And all but the ramekins, came with black wire rack holders. LOVE! The color I got was the green, And the price was spectacular! I believe it was on special in the Fall for under $59!! I loved that set so much, I ordered the same for my mom, but in the color spice....gorgeous!

The next sets I bought were even more beautiful.

I got a 5 bowl set from the Poppy Collection! I ordered it in the poppy orange red color.

a700d5938062a16ebb1d56b0248218e1.jpg

SO pretty! The only bad thing is that it came with those hokey looking serving utensil 2 pc set that has very cheaply printed plastic handles. YUCK. And....WHY???? ugh. This is so circa 1950s, and not in a cute, retro way. Enough with prints, already Tara. It is just wayyyyyy too much! But the poppy bowls? Beautiful!!

When Tara went crazy with overthetop Old World everything (naplin holders, pot holders, rolling pins, SHELVING???, etc).....I just got turnrd off tl Temptations. Ot was just tooooooo Pennsylvania Dutch for me. Not my style. The other pieces, I could easily work into oir Mediterranean decor, but in moderation. I did not want Old World everything Plus, she stopped making that 16 pc value set, and I dislike the oval and round pcs. 

Then, I ordered the VERONA multi piece chip and dip bowl set ---- we use it for cruditè or hummus and veggies orpita chips, etc. I got the terracotta color---  OMG STUNNING piece! It came with a deep bronze metal, ornately designed antiqued rack. I WISH Temptations would bring this collection back!! I never saw it on tv. I caught this one pc on clearance. I would have bought the entire collection! This is the piece I got, though itis MUCH more exquisite in person! The true color is much deeper, richer in real life!:

k39792.jpg

I also love the deep cobalt blue floral lace collection. I ordered a 6 pc round set that had 3 round bakers with lidits (yeah, I did say I did not like them compared to the rectangular set, but it was pretty actually --- but I wouldn't buy a ton of the round). I actually liked the gift so much, that I bought a set for my family in an aqua/lime green -- we have this at the beach jome. The color combo is so summery! I love it.

All in all, my very very favorite for "design" are both Poppy and Verona. Just lovely! And so expensive looking. I get compliments on these pieces all of the time. I do love my Old World pcs (love love love the Spice color! It is a bit deeper and more muted than the Tangerine. Old World green is also very nice, as i is so versatile for spring or xmas). But honestly, I am tired of the old world and floral lace pattern overload on everything, incl utensils and plate sets! Her newer designs are awful, imho. Also, her prices have increased while the amount of pcs in a set have decreased. And I feel she has cheapened her product by making the plastic lids all transluscent white. If the price reflected the lesser quality, maybe I would not care as much? I don't know. I just liked the matching color storage lids.

I hope she brings back Verona and Poppy! Smiley Happy Or something similar. I would love to see a solid colored collection in more sophisticated colors, and with detailing such as beaded edges or scalloped edging, or an embossed design in the same background color of the bakeware, etc.  I wish she would design solid pieces that would work back to her existing colors in old world and floral lace.  If Temptations would design something along these lines, wow!! I would be buying!

All in all,  I love all my Temptations pcs. They have held up beautifully!

**photos above are not my pics**

Esteemed Contributor

HI, @Wannabeincali - nice to hear from a fellow TT lover.

I agree about the storage cover tops - I have a large set (32pc?) in Springfetti that has pretty pink lids.  I like those.

And the essentials set?  Grabbed that in Fireworkfetti and would love to have it in FL Light Blue but it is not to be found.

I have 4 of the round baker sets with lid-its - Tara recently had them on sale at her site and I love that they include bowls.  (teal, hot pink, tangerine, red).

I forgot, though, that my recent new "favorite thing" is the bean crock.  I have three - FL spice, OW spice, and FL light blue.  I got rid of my crock pot and instead use these to slow cook meats in the oven and they are just fantastic.  Things come out really tender.

Not long ago I ordered a set, and received a basketweave 13x9 baker by mistake - TT let me keep the wrong one and sent me the one I'd ordered.  Very happy with that.

I could go on - I have lots of stuff.  Don't even get me started on the napkin holders with S&P shakers.  We have to change those out for the seasons!  Or the colanders, pie dishes, pitchers, butter dishes (I have some OW Vivid and Gingham Gardens that I enjoy . . .).  Oh, and the collection of utensil holders . . .  Have a great day!

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My favorite Temp-tations would probably be the mixing bowls. I especially love the concentric set of 5. I have these in Ponsettia, FL blue, FL brown, FL shamrock, OW spice, OW Fireworkfetti, OW Harvest, and Pumpkin.

8a056fd8f1b8058cd04f33bfc79b229b.jpg (450×400)

Honored Contributor

My absolute favorite Temptations, by a longshot, is the Motown singing group.

My Girl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IUG-9jZD-g

Just My Imagination

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT6kjQhVJ9Y

Oh How I Wish It Would Rain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-es4Q8AJaU

Esteemed Contributor

Do I have to pick, I really enjoy my Temptations and use them nearly everyday, the most used pieces that I use is my 9x13, but like I stated I enjoy all of my Temptions!

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee I love those also !Smiley Wink

Of the ones purchased at QVC I love an 8x8 in polka dot that I use the most in my household of 2. I wish polka dots were still offered. I also have a set of the dk blue FL that I think is lovely. I do not find them always to be non- stick though. I do like how they bake and that you can use metal utensils with them.

Trusted Contributor

I like the temp-tations pieces I have, very much. Most of it is yellow polka dots--some bakers, a salt cellar, some mugs, a pie dish, some bowls I use for my cats. I added a bit of yellow old world---a tea set--and some floral lace in teal with the yellow border--some ramekins, and a lid-it baker. All work well together. My fave is probably the tea set.

Lately, there's been nothing for me to buy. I like the little set of toaster oven sized pieces, but...no yellow. Sigh. But I've never yet had any problems with breakage, so if this is all I ever buy, it's okay.

Frequent Contributor

Currently I am OBSESSED with Pumpkin Patch and OW Shamrock.  The problem is the patterns aren't common in the every day sets and I have only seen OW Shamrock on the Temptations website.  Smiley Sad