New Contributor

What is going on with Temp-Tations Tara?!

I don't understand what the heck is going on with Temp-Tations?! It seems like Tara is only interested in the new/current colors and on developing new designs.

What about all of us that have been collecting the Floral Lace and the Old World in all colors. I can't tell you the last time I saw anything available in the Eggplant Floral Lace. Oh wait....just some pitchers. But nothing else for a long whille. How am I supposed to continue to add to my collection? I've been collecting for years now. But hey, there is EVERYTHING available in Taupe or Gray. Cat Mad

Has anyone else noticed this?? Does anyone know if the colors not included online any longer are being discontinued??

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What is going on with Temp-Tations Tara?!

@KittenKC wrote:

I don't understand what the heck is going on with Temp-Tations?! It seems like Tara is only interested in the new/current colors and on developing new designs.

What about all of us that have been collecting the Floral Lace and the Old World in all colors. I can't tell you the last time I saw anything available in the Eggplant Floral Lace. Oh wait....just some pitchers. But nothing else for a long whille. How am I supposed to continue to add to my collection? I've been collecting for years now. But hey, there is EVERYTHING available in Taupe or Gray. Cat Mad

Has anyone else noticed this?? Does anyone know if the colors not included online any longer are being discontinued??

I agree with you 100%.   

Honored Contributor

I don't think Tara has anything to do with this.

She does what QVC tells her to.  When certain colors no longer sell well, they are discontinued.

New colors and  new designs are added ro entice those who want something different or who want to start a new collection.

Taupe and Gray always sell out first,  Those colors are hot right now and are guaranteed to sell.  If there was a demand for eggplant floral lace, it would be available in everything too.

Honored Contributor

I'm lucky in that my "pattern"  is Old World blue.  It will probably be around forever.  If you collect something in a less than the most popular colors, I guess you have to get all your pieces early.  And they won't be making the more unusual pieces, either.

Esteemed Contributor

@KittenKC Yes there were glaring omissions, but I was so happy to see Poinsettia in the dinnerware presentation yesterday. I have all the bakeware, but I would love to have a service for 12. DH reminded me we have no room to store. True that!  Maybe someday... 

Esteemed Contributor

I see it, too.  She's really good at creating demand!  I love all the spring colors in both OW and FL (teal, hot pink, lime, tangerine) and there has been nothing.

It makes me want to jump in and buy the next time I see them!  I think if you wait long enough, things come around.  In the meantime, well, something else might catch your eye . . .

Cogito ergo sum
Super Contributor

I was so excited to see so many things available in beloved polka dot, but it was such a let down when I realized they were ALL only available in gray or taupe!  While I am sure some people like neutrals, I have no need for these colors and wish they would at least offer some of them in red, blue, cream and black polka dot. I have been looking more at Fiestaware lately anyway to add to my Temptation collection.  I miss the spring colors too!

Valued Contributor

I'm glad I don't collect one colour or design. But its April, and no Spring/Summer colours? Will there be any? I love Confetti but I'm trying to not get into one colour.

Valued Contributor

What's with all the melamine items? I can get some cool clourful melamine things at the Dollar Tree.  I don't want to spend $25 for a couple of bowls.

Trusted Contributor

I agree.  I collect Old World in brown.   Hardly any new items in that color.  Oh well, I guess that just means I'll be saving money as I will not be purchasing any new items that will not go with my current collection.