Honored Contributor

For those that may be interested, Tara is starting a new business and line of stoneware. It is called Tara at Home. 

It is stoneware sets, similar to what she does here, but is supposed to be a better glazing process, and they are more expensive. It is also one of those 'sold only through consultants' lines (like Tupperware and Longaberger were). 

She has a new Facebook page for the business, and they are recruiting consultants right now.

Honored Contributor

you can also get a sneak peek or more information at taraathome.com.

she and some of her staff have been doing meet and greets around the country.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like an outdated business model.....

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Sounds like an outdated business model.....

I might think so too, but a number of businesses are still using it with some modifications, so it must be working for some of them.

Honored Contributor

I interesting that she would do a better glaze for those items but not the current product that we have been purchasing.

Trusted Contributor

I think this is rather shocking.  She's heading up a proprietary brand for QVC - and now one that is in direct competition with that brand?  I would have thought her contract would contain a non-compete and exclusivity clause.  Isn't this how the YBF woman got into so much trouble with QVC - which included lawsuits, etc?

Super Contributor

Not interested in any way, shape or form.

Honored Contributor

@aggravated wrote:

I think this is rather shocking.  She's heading up a proprietary brand for QVC - and now one that is in direct competition with that brand?  I would have thought her contract would contain a non-compete and exclusivity clause.  Isn't this how the YBF woman got into so much trouble with QVC - which included lawsuits, etc?

I could be way off base with this, but I'm guessing that when TT first came to Q they called the shots, but as Tara actually took over the company, and over the years various contracts have most likely been signed, she has seen her potential grow, and has negotiated the ability to do this into her contracts with QVC.

Like her (and her product) or not, this might be a smart move for her. First she was able to sell on her  own website, configurations different than available on Q, now this home sales line. It is what business people do to grow, and stay profitable.

Could Q be downscaling TT, maybe. There aren't going to be any TT TSV's this year, according to Tara and Lisa, so perhaps they are branching out for that reason.

Honored Contributor

maybe she bought out defunct Home Interiors, At Home America, Sourhern Living at Home party plans. I always enjoyed those home decor parties and still have many items bought from them. I'm sure it's the same concept.

if I was in town when it was in Tampa I'd go just to hear about it. And YES quality would have to be superb as now the consultant is also responsible to make it right -- I did party plan home parties for many years as a regional director and we were always responsible for product we sold.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

maybe she bought out defunct Home Interiors, At Home America, Sourhern Living at Home party plans. I always enjoyed those home decor parties and still have many items bought from them. I'm sure it's the same concept.

if I was in town when it was in Tampa I'd go just to hear about it. And YES quality would have to be superb as now the consultant is also responsible to make it right -- I did party plan home parties for many years as a regional director and we were always responsible for product we sold.

This would keep me from participating, based on my experience with the Temp-tations line in the past. I have very many pieces and patterns, and have had a fair amount of crazing, as well as just poor quality painting/glazing when brand new. 

I like the product, but can't see myself treading water with trying to sell something that I've had so many problems with. Right now, it is just me I have to deal with when not happy, don't want to try to make a living dealing with others disappointment with the product.