Occasional Contributor

I just love the new bakeware sets and pieces Temptations is showing. I love the green floral lace and would probably order many of the new pieces. The problem is, I am afraid to bake in them. Storing in them is not good because the lids never fit. There are too many reviews about them cracking in the oven for me to take a chance. I can't imagine having to clean up the mess it would make if that happened. I wish Tara would spend more of her time on the quality of her pieces  so I would feel safe ordering all of the beautiful pieces. Guess I will just watch and wish. Just so sad. Does QVC ever read the reviews or blogs about the problems with this brand? Does Tara? If they insisted on the quality being improved, I bet a lot of people, myself included, would start buying again. 

Esteemed Contributor

I bake in mine all the time.  Avoid extremes in temp.  To 500 degrees, perhaps, but some ovens run hot and the vessel itself heats up.  Don't put it in a pre-heated oven.

Not saying they are perfect, by any means.  I'm sure they are not.

I still use and enjoy.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

i have not stopped buying.

i recently purchased the heart and shamrock bakers with the metal holders.

so cute. i gave the shamrock baker as a gift and my friend made shepherds pie in it and sent me the picture. now i need to get another shamrock baker for myself.

also recently purchased the spoon and spoon rest in the heart. i went back to get the shamrock and the easter egg sets and they are also sold out.

lots of people still temptations fans and still buying.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Right on, sister.

My new favorite is OW Romance!

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I didn't realize Temptations is so fragile.  I attend meetings once a month about 30 miles away from my home.  I like to bring a plant based dish to share with my colleagues. I thought I would buy a temptations with a cover and insulated bag as it would be helpful for travel in the car.  My favorites are not the floral or old world.  The special patterns seem to sell out quickly. 

Honored Contributor

Please don't live in fear of them cracking - I think it is rare. I like many of the seasonal designs (especially Boofetti) but I only own one all occasion set that is holding up just fine.

Super Contributor

Don't let those reviews stop you from buying. I fine people do not pay attension to the temperatue of their ovens. If you have watched any cooking show they will tell you most ovens varies in temperatue so be aware of it. The problem is hardly ever the dish it is the oven, over time temperature will change. If you place any dish or pan in an oven that is not suited for it something will happen. You never put cold food in a hot oven in glass it

should always be room temperature. I fine in those negative reviews they never say how the food was prepared or the temperature the food was. It is easy to say it was the dish and not human error. You must remember all of these things are hand made and i have used dishes from other companies and had no problems, where others have.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you all that responded. I did use Temptations in the past and never had it crack on me. I was always very careful with it. I did have a Christmas set that I only served in that crazed after a year. But I think I will try again and keep my fingers crossed! Might keep a metal cookie sheet in the bottom of the oven just in case. So I am off to order those new pieces and unpack the ones I boxed up. Will keep my fingers crossed!

Respected Contributor

Several pieces cracked on me a few years ago and I stopped buying completely. 

Honored Contributor

It's funny I have many pieces of Temptations when they were first introduced.  Those pieces are still perfect & I do bake and serve in them.  No problems.  I have everything from big sets to small mini pie dishes & more!

The original pieces were painted nicely, stoneware was thicker and in general more durable.

The pieces which have cracked, chip or crazed are from sets I bought over the past 4-5 years.

I started with blue old world, then blue floral lace and most recently ordered red old world paint is "pinky red", poor painting - some light some dark and rims are not outlined around but crooked☹️.  yet, I ordered Floral lace red & they are beautiful.  

Its just a matter of how "picky" one is when it comes to the painting.  I do love how beautiful a table or buffet table looks with these pieces.

For me, I don't mind cooking in my pyrex, corning, or foil and transferring the food -- it's the presentation!  Of course, lasagna isn't that easy😉 I hardly make this. Plus, I'm a organized cook who doesn't mind double the dishes.

I am "tempted" to purchase the TSV as I've sold a lot of my old world pieces that came in big original sets.  The fl red is my favorite -- what's holding me back is s/h & tax takes it up another $14.