Trusted Contributor

Noticing this problem lately with Temptations!

Recently in the last 6 months or so I have noticed that many of my temptations pieces ( roasting pans ) have stained or discolored. I usually soak them immediately after use and then wash them by hand. Just last night I baked a roast chicken and when I washed the pan, I noticed that it had discolored on one end. Has anyone else had these problems?

I have also noticed cracking on some of my bowls and I am extremely carefula nd gentle with my kitchen ware.

QVC Customer Care

Re: Noticing this problem lately with Temptations!

@gigy

We are very sorry to hear you are having issues with your Temp-tations dishes.  Temp-tations has a Facebook page (Temp-tations by Tara McConnell Tesher). You can ask question there or contact the manufacture:

Temptations LLC
62 Leone Lane
Chester, NY 10918
www.temp-tations.com
1-800-442-8677

I hope this is helpful.

Respected Contributor

I luckily got one of the first sets made - I think they were made better than the sets that are being made today - at least I've heard that through others here on the forum.

Honored Contributor

@gigy wrote:

Recently in the last 6 months or so I have noticed that many of my temptations pieces ( roasting pans ) have stained or discolored. I usually soak them immediately after use and then wash them by hand. Just last night I baked a roast chicken and when I washed the pan, I noticed that it had discolored on one end. Has anyone else had these problems?

I have also noticed cracking on some of my bowls and I am extremely carefula nd gentle with my kitchen ware.

i have not had any problems with stains or discoloration, but i do know that

temptations should never be soaked.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not a fan of this line, but one thing is that you shouldn't leave them soaking.   Granted, they are not that well made and tend to be improperly fired, but soaking them will cause problems that you might not otherwise have.

Oops, sorry.   I got interrupted mid-post and didn't see what you wrote, Sunshine.

Honored Contributor

Do the pans with the stains have crazing, the tiny spiderweb-like cracks?  If so, that an indicating liquid from your food is seeping into pottery under the glaze.  This makes your pottery subject to bacterial contamination.  I would discontinue using them.   They are glazed so soaking shouldn't affect them.  There have been many reports here of this "crazing" as well as pieces cracking and breaking in the oven. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I have not had that problem, though I will be watchful.

I have many TT pieces.  Mostly I find that there is no need to soak. After baking in the 13x9, and others (I have many others!), clean up is pretty easy.  I do put them in the dishwasher after a pre-clean, usually, to dislodge any stuck-on stuff.

I also use many pieces for fruit bowls, display, etc.  And I have 8 sets of dinnerware.  Foolish in some eyes, but I enjoy them.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

Tara has said on her shows that her product should not be soaked in water.  With ceramic they have to set it on little pedestals  to heat in the kiln.  You can't lay them flat on the surface while baking in the kiln.  Therefore if you soak them, the water could get in that tiny opening and ruin your pottery.  If you wash by hand the food should not stick that badly that you can't scrub them with a Scrub Daddy.  I use them constantly and I have not had a problem.  If  you want to soak them just put water inside and let it lay on the counter in your kitchen. 

Trusted Contributor

No I never soak the pieces, but I do put water in them for a short time just to loosen up the cooked on food.