New Contributor

Found Temptations immersed in sink

Just found my husband left casserole dish and lids sitting in dishwater overnight. Are they ruined? What can I do?

Honored Contributor

Re: Found Temptations immersed in sink

I guess you know about this warning from Tara's website:

It’s ok to fill your temp-tations® with water and let it soak, but do not fully submerge your temp-tations® in a sink full of water. Stoneware absorbs water in places where there’s no glaze (for example, on the bottom, where it sits in the kiln). When the stoneware is then put in the oven, microwave, or freezer, the absorbed water will expand and can cause stress to the stoneware. Please note that temp-tations® stoneware is dishwasher safe.

After this, I would use the dish only for serving - i.e. not in the oven or microwave.

New Contributor

Yes, l am aware but you know how husbands are! I even informed him of this when I received them.

Valued Contributor

Is this something new? I have not bought any temp-tations in many years, and since I rarely watch QVC, just order a few things online, I have never heard any such warnings. There was nothing ln the written instructions that came with the pieces I have, (nor my Fiesta bakeware either), about soaking them in the sink. Maybe this is due to the exploding Temp-tatioons problems people have written about in the past.

Trusted Contributor

My Rachael Ray stoneware I bought a couple years ago (not at the Q) came with instructions not to soak in water.  I too never knew this up until then.  I have a no name set I got probably 10 years ago (no instructions) and I used to soak them all the time. Oops! But, I still cook in them today. I have had no problems.  The instructions also stated to never put a cold pan in a hot oven or preheat an empty pan in the oven or it will break. Probably best not to use the Temptations though with all the problems people seem to have.  Don't risk hurting yourself or making a big mess in the oven.  Maybe hubby will buy you a new set for the holidays Woman Wink

Frequent Contributor

Whenever I use any bakeware with an unglazed bottom I always let it sit out a day upside down after washing to really air dry the bottom. I do this with all my Le creuset, Rachael Ray and Temptations. Iv'e never had a piece break and use them all the time.

Regular Contributor

I never realized this about stoneware.  I don't own any Temp-tations but I do have some LeCreuset stoneware baking dishes.  

I would imagine if you let it dry out really well for several days before using it again it would be OK.

Super Contributor

I don't soak my TT in a sink full of water, but after it's cool, I let mine sit with some water in it in the sink for a bit before I put it in the dishwasher -- and yesterday I found a crack in the shallowest of the three Cook and Look round 3-pc set. It has an odd appearance -- there's an undulating grey stripe a little wider than an eighth of an inch on the bottom running from one side to the other, both inside and out, and the crack runs right down the center of that stripe. I've used all three pieces of this set for several months, and it was fine until I roasted potatoes in it the other night.

The set is sold out in my pattern (OW Oceanfetti) so I can't return it, but I'm going to call CS to see if I can get a credit.