Disappointed with Temptations

When Temptations pieces are presented on QVC, they always look perfect.  I can honestly say that pieces I have received have blemishes and/or imperfections.  Not sure if I'm just unlucky with the orders that are pulled for me or if others experience the same.  I have kept some of the pieces because they were sold out (FL grey) and I really wanted them;  but I don't think that we as consumers should have to settle for seconds.

My last purchase was the set of mini muffin pans.  The first ones I received were painted so poorly that you could not only see brush strokes but you could also see the cream color ceramic through the paint.  I returned them as defective and asked for a replacement hoping I'd get a better set the second time around.  Second set came same issue.  This time I returned for a credit.  

I wrote a review for QVC, however, that was never posted.  I emailed customer service at Temptations and to date have not had a response.  I really wanted to love this brand and continue to purchase but after several bad experiences, I'm afraid to make any more purchases.  It seems that many people are happy with the brand based on raves I've read, but I'm just not impressed with what I've received lately.  

Am I among the few that feel this way?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Disappointed with Temptations

I have a couple of sets and they are fine.  I realize they are hand painted so everyone will be a little different but what I have gotten thus far has been great and I use them all the time.

Esteemed Contributor

I think the only Temptations thing I bought was a 9 X 13 pan with a plastic cover, a platter for under it or on top of it, and a wire rack for it to sit in.  It came as a set and may have been a TSV.  The paint job is not good at all.  Also, it has since "crazed," I think is the right word for it, and I have only used it in the oven a few times, if that.  There are tiny cracks in the outer layer, that are now darker than the rest of the ceramic.  With all the bad reviews I have read about Tempations dishes cracking in the oven, I won't buy any more.  The quality is no where near that of the Polish Stoneware I bought years ago from QVC.  Of course there is a big price difference. QVC must make a lot of money off of it.  Otherwise, I would like to think they would not stick with such an inferior product.  You get what you pay for in this case.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

You're lucky the defect's only in the appearance. I stopped buying Temptations years ago after a 9 x 13 baking dish "scaled" in the oven while I was baking a batch of cornbread. The bottom half of the dish split off from the upper part holding the cornbread batter in the oven. Luckily, it was almost done, so it wasn't a total loss (the top part was intact). Once I removed the cornbread, it went into the trash. I haven't used any Temptations since.

Esteemed Contributor

@Eileen in Virginia  I've read the same complaints before, and I wouldn't doubt your experience. They are pretty inexpensive and made in China; so, there are bound to be some defects. I have many sets, and the paint is fine. It is hand painted, so it isn't perfect; however, there are no bare ceramic spots. Several of my older pieces are crazed, but so are my grandmother's English stoneware pieces. So, that doesn't really bother me. I think you get what you pay for, so maybe you should look for more expensive pieces of stoneware.

Honored Contributor

In my mind, Temptations epitomizes the worst of Chinese-made products.  They make some nice clothing but things like these dishes are the pits.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Eileen in Virginia  I've read the same complaints before, and I wouldn't doubt your experience. They are pretty inexpensive and made in China; so, there are bound to be some defects. I have many sets, and the paint is fine. It is hand painted, so it isn't perfect; however, there are no bare ceramic spots. Several of my older pieces are crazed, but so are my grandmother's English stoneware pieces. So, that doesn't really bother me. I think you get what you pay for, so maybe you should look for more expensive pieces of stoneware.

As I recall, mine was painted very nicely. In fact, it was a very attractive Mediterranean pattern. The issue wasn't a few surface cracks in the paint or glaze. It was a matter of the bottom portion of the baking dish comng apart in the oven during baking. Yes, you get what you pay for, but if an item's marketed as appropriate for use in an oven, it shouldn't fall apart when you use it in the oven. 

I am so glad I joined the community, I have tried to no avail to get recompsense for temptations cookware.  The 9x13 pan with ceramic top broke in half the first time i used it,,the demonstration showed her making cookies so i tried it, heard a crash in oven @350 degrees, to see it broke totally in half no crack just broken, crack came in 9x13 pan and of course happened after 30 days. I called cust svc and they told me to contact tara reid i tried to no avail.  I loved the lacey pattern so i purchased the round scalloped baker and it too cracked at 350 degrees., with no help from qvc or tara I give up and will never buy again.WHAT happened to kQUALITY???????

Valued Contributor

I've loved my Temptations pieces.  I even gifted a set to a worker who as a wedding gift and she loves it.  I did have an issue with one item but I contacted customer service and the item was replaced quickly.  

Valued Contributor

I had a lot of pieces crack and chip .  Don't buy anything temptation anymore .